Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    HS freshman in need of websites for term paper

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HS freshman in need of websites for term paper
 Login/Join

posted
I have, or so it seems, exausted the resources in the books I have on Bradbury, and I still need 25 more notecards to write. Can anybody link me to some good websites?

Posts: 8 | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've tried the links on this page, but it is all biographical info, which I can't have. I'm new at the whole writing term papers thing, and I have 75 out of 100 notecards. Plus, I need to write an outline, followed by a rough draft of the 10-page paper. I'm at a bad spot now where I can't find enough info to write 25 more cards without writing biographical stuff. I could really use some help if any of you can find good links containing non-biographical info on Bradbury. If not, that's fine too. Thanks for your help.

posted Hide Post
Exhausted the resources in books on Bradbury? Hmmmm. Have you been to your local public library, or perhaps a college library that might be nearby? If not, check them out and see if they any of the following books: RAY BRADBURY, edited by Martin H. Greenberg and Joseph D. Olander ((Taplinger, 1980); RAY BRADBURY by David Mogen (Twayne, 1986); RAY BRADBURY by Wayne L. Johnson (Frederick Ungar, 1980); THE BRADBURY CHRONICLES by George Slusser (Borgo Press, 1977); RAY BRADBURY: A CRITICAL COMPANION by Robin Anne Reid (Greenwood Press, 2000); RAY BRADBURY: MODERN CRITICAL REVIEWS, edited by Harold Bloom (Chelsea House, 2001). All of these books contain criticism of Ray's writing, and would help you fill up your remaining 25 cards very easily.

Posts: 2455 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Twayne series by David Mogen and the Taplinger one. Perhaps I'm just not looking hard enough in them, or maybe I'm looking for specific things and I should generalize some more. I don't know. I have little time to go to local libraries to get other resources. I guess I'll just try to write 25 more using those two books, which seem like they say the same thing. Oh well. You got to remember that I'm a freshman in HS, so I can't drive to a library or anything. Plus, my parents work until late hours, which lmits the amount of time to do things. Thanks for the help anyway.

posted Hide Post
You should be able to pull info out of those books. Aren't they both collections of essays? Pluss, you can pull a lot of different quotes directly from Bradbury's books themselves, right? (Unless the assignment is specifically for secondary sources.) Good luck!

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post