Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Ray Bardbury Cell phone/Mobile phone reference

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray Bardbury Cell phone/Mobile phone reference
 Login/Join

posted
Hello there,

I was told that in one of Ray Bradbury's novels/short stories he mentions the use in a future society of cell phone / mobile phone technology - in particular mentioning how annoying it is on trains. Can anyone confirm this - and which story is it in?

Many thanks

Pete

Posts: 1 | Registered: 03 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think what you may have in mind is little devices which Bradbury describes as "sea shells" which people clamp to their ears, shutting out the rest of the world. I don't think they're phones, though, rather more like iPods. And they were mentioned in Fahrenheit 451 , I think.

Posts: 700 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like that, Ray Bardbury, it is a perfect name for him! He is our bard!

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post