Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Need a little help for the Joe Mugnaini book

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need a little help for the Joe Mugnaini book
 Login/Join

posted
Hi, all...

I was hoping someone in the Los Angeles area could help me out. I've had difficulty locating good copies of a few of the hardcover books Joe illustrated for use in the upcoming book. The ones for which I still need good scans are:

The Day It Rained Forever
Something Wicked This Way Comes (the original British, not any of the subsequent reprintings using the same cover)
The October Country (British)
The October Country (American)
F451 (1st American)

The only copies I've found are in pretty bad shape and I'm hoping to find better ones for use in the book. If anyone can help me out, drop me a line at jj_AT_tdfchallenge.com (replace the "_AT_" with "@"). Both the Mugnaini Estate and I would really appreciate it.

As for the book, I'll be posting an update soon. I've got some very cool announcements concerning additions to the book.

--
jJ

Posts: 61 | Location: United States | Registered: 31 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alas, I can't assist you with Joe's cover art; I've actually seen very few of his works. However, I can pass along this quote from preface Ray wrote for "Tomorrow Midnight":

"Someday, I would like to have the leisure time to write my own Sunday panel and have it drawn completely by my dear friend Joe Mugnaini who has painted the jacket illustrations for many of my books."

Posts: 39 | Location: Big Sur, CA | Registered: 20 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post