Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Lunar Eclipse!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lunar Eclipse!
 Login/Join

posted
Those of us on the Left Coast can see a total lunar eclipse tomorrow morning. This will last a long time, starting just before 2:00 am, becoming full just before 3:00, and staying full 'til around 4:20!

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/08/27/BAOFRP53L.DTL

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They announced it on the news here in the mid-west. It'll be appearing between 4 to just before 8 AM. Too bad I'll be asleep!

Free sci-fi mag online at:thelordshen.com

Posts: 178 | Location: Currently Flint, MI | Registered: 28 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have just this minute come in from watching the eclipse (it's 8:00pm here in Aust.).
It looked absolutely amazing, gradually darkening over and turning a bright blood red! Beautiful!

Posts: 125 | Location: NSW South Coast, Australia | Registered: 07 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Darn... I was thinking it was to be between 12:45 and 2:00 A.M. Pacific Standard Time for my area of the globe. I gave up at 2:00 A.M. and never saw a thing.

The weatherman lied AGAIN!!!

================================================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still working mids, and was up for this breathtaking event. I've seen a couple of eclipses before, but none as incredible as this one. At one point, the moon looked like this glowing, irridescent-red orb, sitting in a brilliant-white saucer.

It was supposed to begin here at--get this--4:51 Eastern. Didn't have any problem remembering the time. BTW, there are some great photos on flickr.com.

Posts: 195 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post