Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Lorax 451?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lorax 451?
 Login/Join

posted
The other day my class engaged in a interesting discusion about similarities between Bradbury's 451 and Fairy tales. I brought up the point that Dr. Suess's " The Lorax" had a surprising parallel to 451. I made the connection that in the begining of 451 censorship was at a minimum with just critics giving their passive opinions ect. Just like in the Lorax factory construction (censorship) in the Truffula Forest was minute because it was just restricted to one small hut. But as the stories developed censorship in 451 became more prominent with the goverment getting involved and the critics picking apart everything. As well as in "The Lorax" eviromental destruction took its toll as factories sprung up like crazy and the Truffula tree (family values, emotion) became non-existent.
Does anyone else see any more parallels between these two books? Perhaps even Montag and the Lorax... Hmmm

Cheers, Oliver Bienia

Posts: 3 | Registered: 03 September 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Both books give the same warning: UNLESS!

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post