Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Uncollected Bradbury Volume 3
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Uncollected Bradbury Volume 3
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I live in South Africa, so if there are both British and American versions of a book, we nearly always get the British one.

So for decades, I had The Silver Locusts but had never seen a copy of The Martian Chronicles.

If you have the US editions of The Martian Chronicles plus The Illustrated Man, then you'll find nothing new in The Silver Locusts.

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We moved into a new house and The Uncollected Bradbury Volume 3 has been on hold. I believe I am ready to list the final table of contents:

Uncollected Stories:
The Blue Flag of John Folk
Lorelei of the Red Mist

Collected in Rare Editions:
Troll Charge (collected in It Came From Outer Space)
About Face (Collected in The Cat's Pajamas: Stories + 5)
Austin and Justin: the Twins of Time (Collected in The Cat's Pajamas: Stories + 5)
Dead of Summer (Collected in The Martian Chronicles: The Complete Edition)
Dear Santa
The Disease (Collected in The Martian Chronicles: The Complete Edition)
Interim (Collected in Dark Carnival)
Jemima True (Collected in The Martian Chronicles: The Complete Edition)
The Maiden (collected in Dark Carnival)
The Marriage (Collected in The Martian Chronicles: The Complete Edition)
Martian Ghosts (Collected in The Martian Chronicles: The Complete Edition)
Memento Mori
The Night Sets (collected in Dark Carnival)
Reunion (Collected in Dark Carnival)
Remembrance at Gettysburg (Collected in The Cat's Pajamas: Stories + 5)
Skeleton (anthologised in The Best of Rob Wagner's Script)
The All Had Grandfathers (Collected in The Martian Chronicles: The Complete Edition)
Tiger, Tiger, Burning Bright (Collected In Match to Flame)
Underfoot (Collected in The Cat's Pajamas: Stories + 5)
The Wheel (Collected in The Martian Chronicles: The Complete Edition)

Bonus Content:
The Affluence of Despair (Essay)
Haunted House (Poem, co-authored with Elizabeth Albright)
From the Dust Returned (the original story, quite different from "Return to the Dust")
Dandelion Wine (stand alone story from Gourmet, June 1953)

Depending on the length of the book, I may also include these stories collected in uncommon editions:

Asleep In Armageddon aka "Perchance to Dream" (collected in The Day It Rained Forever)
Besides a Dinosaur, Whatta Ya Wanna Be When You Grow Up?
Referent (collected in The Day It Rained Forever)

Posts: 201 | Location: santa clara, ca, usa | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Foothill2112:
The Volume 3 you are working on is that for your view/reading pleasure? Or is it available to share?

Thank you for responding! These collections are for my own enjoyment (it is my desire to have a complete collection that drives me). I would love to share these volumes and have discussed the ethics of sharing published stories on this board and with other collectors. Even though these are out of print I don't believe everyone feels the same way I do. I also think Ray is looking down and wondering why everyone isn't reading his stories for free. Regardless, I have not made these books available out of respect for Ray, his estate, and the many collectors that I have met over the years who have suggested that I not share.

I will, however, trade stories. If you have something I need and you are looking for stories for your own collection hit me up!

Posts: 201 | Location: santa clara, ca, usa | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let me know what I have that you still don't, or, if not sure, let me know what you still need.

As I said, some are such poor prints off microfilm copies I may have to type them!

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by djmonolith:
I would love to share these volumes and have discussed the ethics of sharing published stories on this board and with other collectors. Even though these are out of print I don't believe everyone feels the same way I do. I also think Ray is looking down and wondering why everyone isn't reading his stories for free. Regardless, I have not made these books available out of respect for Ray, his estate, and the many collectors that I have met over the years who have suggested that I not share.

It doesn't matter how anyone else feels; it only matters how you feel. If you own these stories and wish to share them with others, that is your right so to do. Ethics do not come into play here; it's no different from lending a book to a friend to read, and haven't we all done that?

If collectors have suggested you not share, then they are only interested in collecting, and not actually reading, and they are approaching this from a mean-spirited perspective.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No one is profiting off this but some fans are sharing materials with each other.

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Update... I have been a little discouraged as my Blurb files have all vanished from my computer. That means the template I used for the first to editions is gone.

The artwork, font, formatting is all gone... so the third book won't really match the first two. That is not making me very happy.

The book hasn't been compiled because I am not looking forward to starting over.