Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Definitive Mars

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Definitive Mars
 Login/Join

posted
It occured to me today whilst thinking of unconected stuff that it would be so cool if there was a definitive collection of all Ray's Mars stuff. I know some of it contradicts itself but I don't even know if I've read them all- Anyone got a full list?.

Posts: 2 | Location: uk | Registered: 07 August 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandelion and some others were actually working on such a list somewhere in these bulletin boards. Probably in some ancient timeframe in the "Resources" topic.

Several of us would like to see a collection of all the Mars stories into one Mars anthology.

Good luck finding it. I know it's here somewhere (well, I think I know).

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's definitely here, but I wouldn't say complete. I am still checking all the stories for setting as well as category.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm another who would love to see all the Mars stories that don't appear in the "Chronicles" published together in one book. I wonder if anything like that is in the planning stages. It seems like it would be simple enough to do--all the stories are already written; all Mr Bradbury would have to do is write an introduction (though a new Mars story for the collection would be nice!)

I think my favourite of these non-chronicle stories is "Dark They Were, and Golden Eyed"--interesting, as it could have been used as an alternate ending to "The Martian Chronicles." I enjoy that one very much, though it is so short; don't know how many times I've read it over the years.

On a completely unrelated note... since this is Mars month, I'm now reading "The War of the Worlds" for the first time in many years. The story is very exciting, to be sure! I remembered very few of the details. And I really enjoy the Mugnaini illustrations...

Posts: 90 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 20 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post