Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Message for Richard!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Message for Richard!
 Login/Join

posted
Hi Richard!

I love you how you keep this board going. Can you fire your email at me? I have lost track of it over the years. I have a few items that may be of interest to you. Drop me a line at samwellerwriter@gmail.com

Hope you are well.

Best,

SW

Posts: 104 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA | Registered: 28 March 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sam...done! Hope all is well!

All best, Richard

Posts: 2473 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Richard, I concur with Mr. Weller's post addressing your always enthusiastic, well-informed, encyclopedic array of Bradbury "Stuff," to coin one of Mr. B's favorite all-encompassing expressions.

This past week we travelled through the Adirondack Mts. for some much needed get away camping, with friendly visits in small towns taking place each day. Village parks and beaches were filled with young and old alike celebrating the 4th of July, quite "Bradbury" in so many ways.

Night Skies were filled with "Colors and Booms!" My wife and I actually discussed Fire-Balloons, now becoming a Lost Art. Though a couple of years ago one of this region's community groups sent up hundreds of floating, lighted balloons over a large calm lake. Mr. Bradbury must have been smiling: https://m.media-amazon.com/ima...UHYKhWkL._SY450_.jpg

During our recent travels, we listened to Zen in the Art of Writing, a favorite RB read of mine. (Its title inspired, as Mr, Bradbury explains, as related to Zen in the Art of Archery, another fine read of many years ago.)
https://m.media-amazon.com/ima...BQ99IMkL._SL500_.jpg

This audio brought to mind the myriad of RB titles read, characters met, scenes visited, metaphors captured, messages shared with the author, lessons taught, students motivated, and our boys growing up and eventually traveling cross-country to meet and shake hands with one of the finest authors of the Literary World! Thank you, Mr. Bradbury!

So, Richard! Thank you, also! My first venture to this site took place on 11.29.01, just a few years ago Smiler The years have truly floated briskly by, as do those wonderful Fire-Balloons. As long as we enjoy and share the visions and exchanges along the way, all is good!

I do stop by still and am always pleased. Hopefully, time will allow for a few more words tapped out on the Joys of Ray Bradbury! Thank you for keeping the site positive and on topic......
fjp451

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fjp451,

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post