Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    New Years Eve

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Years Eve
 Login/Join

posted
Anyone know what Ray B, will be doing Monday night?

Happy New Year!!

Posts: 10 | Registered: 16 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, but I'll be working!

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just called Ray and he sounded great, very excited about all the things coming up in his life. He said that a new Martian Chronicles will be coming out soon and will have 1,000 pages containing stories that no one (except, perhaps, for Donn Albright) have seen.

When I asked him what he was going to be doing tonight he said that he would be going out for dinner with friends.

When I asked him what he thought about it going to be 2008 he said that he had so many things happening and I could tell that he was quite excited and I am very happy for him. May his health continue to do well.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: biplane1,

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the report, biplane. And a happy New Year to you, my Floridian friend.

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Braling II, thank you for your thoughts. In regard to the 1,000 page The Martian Chronicles, I checked in with Donn Albright who said that that book has been in the works for a while as a limited edition to be put out by a smaller publishing house, and due to some diffilcuties may not be ready for a while yet.

Today I was browsing at a Barnes & Nobles and found three new releases of Ray's The Martian Chronicles, Something Wicked This Way Comes, and The Illustrated Man all with either an introduction or afterword by Ray. I spent a few moments reading them and realized that they were something I never read before. I think that it would be a neat idea to have a collection of such of his introductions and afterwords.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: biplane1,

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wild Gravity, I meant to say welcome back! Seems it's been awhile.
And I wish I was working!

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by biplane1:
I think that it would be a neat idea to have a collection of such of his introductions and afterwords.

Many of them have already been collected in ZEN AND THE ART OF WRITING (and BRADBURY SPEAKS).

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Phil. I have that publication and signed by Ray. As these are relatively new introductions and afterwards, perhaps a "new" collection might be formed. I realize that it would take quite a few to make up a decent book.