Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    MARTIAN CHRONICLES audio from Colonial Radio Theater...

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MARTIAN CHRONICLES audio from Colonial Radio Theater...
 Login/Join

posted
I'm a fan of Colonial Radio Theater, probably the most prominent of all the troupes in the world of audio drama, and they released their dramatization of TMC back last June. I bought it, but was had trepidations about listening to it for various reasons. I finally did this past week, and it is truly WONDERFUL. Director/writer/actor Jerry Robbins has done what has proven to be so difficult, and that is capturing the spirit of the source material. It's also unabridged, meaning it's the the entire table of contents of Ray's "authors preferred text". It clocks in at nearly 6 hours. It's NOT and audio book, but an audio drama, or "theater of the ear" It also has a list/retail price of a whopping $9.99 on Amazon and most other retailers. A HUGE thumbs up.

Posts: 107 | Location: SoCal | Registered: 30 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A previous thread about this production is here:

https://raybradburyboard.com/ev...3901/m/707100932/p/1

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Phil. I didn't see it in my search so I started this new one. If it makes sense to merge them that's swell with me Smiler

Read your review linked in that thread...you are dead on.

Posts: 107 | Location: SoCal | Registered: 30 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I knew how to merge threads, I would! It's a dark art that even the mighty dandelion may struggle to accomplish.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually, I've never managed either moving or merging. The most I've done is copy and paste posts to another thread.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
If I knew how to merge threads, I would! It's a dark art that even the mighty dandelion may struggle to accomplish.

Can't be any harder than merging on the 405!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
...Can't be any harder than merging on the 405!

Agreed, and here's the proof.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Agreed, and here's the proof.

See?! I saw that film years ago and had almost forgotten about it.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post