Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Additional Board Heading Suggestions

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Additional Board Heading Suggestions
 Login/Join

posted
Guess what happened! After a gap of many years with absolutely no communication, I

ACTUALLY GOT IN TOUCH WITH THE COMPANY WHICH POWERS THE FORUM!

This is not the publisher which owns the forum and hasn't shown any interest whatsoever in many years--in fact, when I called after the board went down earlier this month, I had to inform the receptionist that the publisher even ran Ray Bradbury's forum, and then spell his name for her--but people who are in a position to make changes. They fixed the "two philnics, no dandelion" issue which had plagued the board for at least ten years!

Besides an Off-Topic section and obviously moderator ability to migrate certain threads to different sections, what sections would people like to see added? I suggest consulting Stephen King's excellent message board for ideas! Real excited about possibly doing this in time for Ray's Centenary! Maybe we can make the board interesting enough to lure some people over from the Facebook fan group! What do folks think?

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, look at this place.

Posts: 6 | Registered: 17 December 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It would be gratifying to see more enthusiasm.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dandelion, based on the makeup of the new Ray Bradbury Homepage, my only suggestion would be to check to see if a link to the Forum could be placed at the top of the new Homepage. Right now, it appears that the link to the Forum is available only at the bottom of the Homepage, as well as the bottom of the page to which each of the links at the top of the new Homepage take you to. It would be nice if the link to the Forum could be given greater visibility than it currently has.

Posts: 2435 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay, but I think the company that powers the Forum is different than that which runs the Homepage and as I said I don't know who is supposed to be in charge there or how to contact them.

posted Hide Post
Since I see an email at the top of the page perhaps I will try.

posted Hide Post
Dandelion, even before your request for new heading suggestions, I always wished for a place to find new Ray Bradbury items to purchase from various vendors. For example, the Illustrated Man/Woman book and Don’t Think poster on the revised homepage. This could be called Bradbury Marketplace. Not for selling goods directly, but to inform others of new releases. Additionally, this could include reissues, clothing, plays, and other related items of interest. Just a thought. Thanks for allowing suggestions.

Posts: 189 | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also agree with Richard, if the powers that be could put the Forum link at the top of the page. Must say I really am impressed with the revised homepage.

Posts: 189 | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will ask them. Just spent several days doing other stuff.

posted Hide Post
Why am I starting to get the impression that the migration of the Board isn't going to take place anytime soon? And by the way, why did no one mention the new home page? It's pretty good, and a vast improvement.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: douglasSP,

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Between 2001-2012 I barely looked at the Homepage, and not at all since 2012. In fact, I think they ought to include a link to Phil Nichols's site and be done with it, and will tell them so.

posted Hide Post
There is a link to Phil's page!

If you examine all the menus, you'll find it.

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
douglasSP is correct, dandelion. On the homepage, click on the link "Media" at the top of the page, and then scroll down. You will find that a link to Phil Nichol's site is already there.

Posts: 2435 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am SHOCKED that NO ONE told me ANYTHING about ANY of this! Just let the message board disappear on January 10 and left me to fear the worst!

posted Hide Post
Since I'm still seeing the notification that the board is being migrated I'm assuming they plan to connect it to the new site and don't need to be told to do so.