Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Contents of PS Publishing collections
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Contents of PS Publishing collections
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

Does anyone know what, if any, stories from the four PS Publishing collections are NOT readily available in US publications? I have the 2 big hardback collections and the Avon trade paperbacks.

Thanks,

Brad

The PS Publishing titles I am refering to are:

R is for Rocket
S is for Space
Day it Rained Forever (Medicine for Melancholy)
Long After Midnight

Posts: 112 | Location: Around Greentown | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bsaenz24, while the forthcoming PS publication of DANDELION WINE is not one listed in your posting, I thought I would mention the following. There will be a special 100-copy edition of the PS publication of DANDELION WINE. It will be signed by both Ray and the man who is writing the introduction: Stephen King. In addition, for the 100-copy set only, there will be a second volume sent to purchasers called SUMMER MORNING, SUMMER NIGHT, which will contain all of the rest of Ray's previously published and unpublished Greentown, Illinois stories. This second volume of Greentown stories is being edited by Donn Albright and Jon Eller. This two-volume set of books is scheduled for publication later this year. Now comes the difficult news, which is the price: $750.

Here is a link that will take you to the PS Publishing webite, for ordering information on DANDELION WINE:

http://www.pspublishing.co.uk/cat/dw.asp

Posts: 2475 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Difficult (as used here) is a very sad word. Happily it seems you’ve always got the goods, Richard. Thanks for the info.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just received in the morning post my copy of PS's Dandelion Wine, and it's a beautiful thing - the illustrations are marvellous!

Now to get RB to sign it, and with my having the contract from a Mr Stephen King to shoot a short story of his later this month, it's not out of the question that I may be able to get him to sign it as well!

One can hope, can one not?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Speaking of PS Publishing, scheduled for publication at the end of this year is THE DAY IT RAINED FOREVER, which was the U.K. edition of the book published in the U.S. in 1959 as A MEDICINE FOR MELANCHOLY, with one significant difference: the U.K. book had four stories not in the U.S. edition, and the U.S. book had four stories not in the U.K. edition. Signed limited editions will also be offered by PS. Here is a link to their website:

http://store.pspublishing.co.uk/acatalog/the_day_it_rained_forever_hc.html

posted Hide Post
Now there's another book I have to get!

I'm going to have to start seeing Ray more often to get him to sign all these new books I'm getting. It's just a good thing he's having a birthday party in a couple weeks!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PS Publishing has announced that their re-issue of Ray's U.K. collection, THE DAY IT RAINED FOREVER, is now available for purchase. There are three versions: an unsigned trade edition priced at 20 pounds; a signed, limited edition for 50 pounds; and a signed, 100-copy deluxe edition containing a second book, A MEDICINE FOR MELANCHOLY (the U.S. title of the book, with slightly different content) for 250 pounds. Here is a link to the PS Publishing website for additional details and ordering information:

http://store.pspublishing.co.uk/acatalog/the_day_it_rained_forever_hc.html

posted Hide Post
Dust Jacket's front conver

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Imageday_rained_forever_large.jpg (39 Kb, 13 downloads)

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard:
PS Publishing has announced that their re-issue of Ray's U.K. collection, THE DAY IT RAINED FOREVER, is now available for purchase...

...and with the plummeting value of the pound, the tables now turn (last year I was able to pick up expensive American books at bargain prices thanks to the weak dollar).

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone who has the PS publication think they can scan and post the intro by Stephen King? Thanks.

Posts: 4 | Registered: 21 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My copy of The Day It Rained Forever arrived today. What I had hoped was a dust jacket is actually printed on the book, as with their Dandelion Wine. Still beautiful. Lovely, two page spread, photo of Mr. B's home office. Lovely illustrations for each story. I am pleased!!!

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
My copy of The Day It Rained Forever arrived today. What I had hoped was a dust jacket is actually printed on the book, as with their Dandelion Wine.

Mine arrived today too.

I was also disappointed that there was no dust jacket (what's with the British and dust jackets?).

Like my Dandelion Wine, I'll have to put it in one of those plastic sleeves - after I have it signed, of course!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
...(what's with the British and dust jackets?)...

We keep losing them or tearing them. Besides, printing directly onto the cover makes the book more like the annuals we grew up with!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
We keep losing them or tearing them.

Well, that explains it then.

What's with the British always losing them or tearing them?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
We read our books on trains and buses. In the winter months we wear gloves. We fumble. We tear and lose. It's chilly over here!

- Phil