Ray Bradbury Hompage    raybradburyboard.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ray Bradbury and the film THE BOOKSHOP

Moderators: philnic, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray Bradbury and the film THE BOOKSHOP
 Login/Join

posted
I just saw a new British film called THE BOOKSHOP, set in the 1950's, about a young widow who decides to open a book store. Much to my surprise and delight, the writing of Ray Bradbury plays a small but important role in the story. The film is excellent, and I highly recommend it!

Posts: 874 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought the same thing when I saw it on Sunday. I think my review convinced at least two Bradbury fans/friends to go see it the next day. What I wrote:

Have you seen it? If not, rush to your nearest arthouse!

Ray B has four major cameos, and I don't just mean shots of his books.

It's clear that the writer or director is a fan (altho I imagine that it's prominent in the novel), because the scenes don't really have anything to do with the story itself, and yet, there they are. Over and over.

Further, I think you might just love this film.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6853 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post