Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    bradbury help

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

bradbury help
 Login/Join

posted
Im a senior in High School, who is writing a paper on Ray Bradbury and his legacy in our society. However, being a new fan of this amazing author, I only have read Fahrenheit 451 and Quicker Than the Eye. Any other suggestions for what I should read or write about?

Posts: 1 | Location: East Aurora, NY USA | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He has several writing categories in which he has left (and is leaving) a legacy:

Novels:

Dandelion Wine
Something Wicked This Way Comes
Martian Chronicles
Halloween Tree

Short Stories:

Too numerous to mention, but I'd at least look at these collections:

Dark Carnival
October Country
S is For Space
The Illustrated Man
I Sing the Body Electric

Screen plays:

Moby Dick
The Ray Bradbury Theater

He is a very diverse writer with a long track record of publications. This is just a start, but I'm sure you have limited time and resources.

Good luck.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
shtephy5

Try, also..."The Golden Apples of the Sun"

And, take a look at Ray's poetry books, with titles such as...
When Elephants Last in The Dooryard Bloomed, or...
When Robot Men and Robot Mice Run 'round in Robot Towns

To read a little bit of Ray's poetry...
click on, or type into finder:
http://www.salmonpoetry.com/bradbury.html

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Poetry and essays by Bradbury on religious themes are collected in:

"A Chapbook for Burnt-Out Priests, Rabbis and Ministers". Ray Bradbury. Cemetary Dance Publications. Baltimore, 2001.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post