Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Caltech Commencement Speech by Ray

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Caltech Commencement Speech by Ray
 Login/Join

posted
If anyone's interested...

The Commencement Address of Caltech 2000 by Ray Bradbury has a few new things in it worth reading. (Well, the whole thing is worth reading.)

By the way, is something misspelled on that website, or is it my imagination?

click on:
Http://pr.Caltech.edu/commencement/00/c2kbradburyspeech.html

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 09-14-2002).]

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First, and most importantly, your link worked!

Second, this was absolutely great! I am sending this to all my friends and telling them to stop what they're doing and read this thing! It is so inspirational and exciting. This spirit is what is in his stories and books. That's why he is so unique. His vision is so alive in his person.

Thank you for sending this along. This is one of the best things I've read in awhile.

(Author -- Auther, was the misspelling. Pretty bizarre in a headline)But then, it's CalTech, a bunch of techies -- nary a liberal arts major among them. Let me at them! On the other hand, these are the people who have been giving us space. One of my favorite things . . . the Hubble Telescope. The images coming back from that are better than Playboy. (Hmmm, okay, I'll have to think about that one! Perhaps a little literary liscense there.)

- - - - - - - - -

Oops! sorry for the edit. I was trying to cut and paste Hubble photograph in here, but I couldn't make it work. A friend of mine got his PhD in Interpanetary Geography (or Geology) at Cal Tech. When the Jupiter probe was sending images back, he and I would go to the Cal Tech lab and the Pasadena JPL and he would show me these things coming in live and explain what the different colors meant in the images. It was fascinating.

[This message has been edited by Mr. Dark (edited 09-14-2002).]

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post