Finalists for the inaugural Ray Bradbury Prize for Science Fiction, Fantasy & Speculative Fiction were announced as part of the Los Angeles Times Book Prizes. The finalists are:
1. Exhalation, Ted Chiang (Knopf)
2. This is How You Lose the Time War, Amal El-Mohtar & Max Gladstone (Saga)
3. Song for the Unraveling of the World, Brian Evenson (Coffee House)
4. Black Leopard, Red Wolf, Marlon James (Riverhead)
5. The Old Drift, Namwali Serpell (Hogarth)
The prize is sponsored by the Ray Bradbury Literary Works and “honors and extends Bradbury’s literary legacy by celebrating and elevating the writers working in his field today.”
The winner will be honored at the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books, to be held April 17, 2020 at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles, California.
It has been announced by the Los Angeles Times that BLACK LEOPARD, RED WOLF, by Marlon James, has been awarded the inaugural Ray Bradbury Prize for Science Fiction, Fantasy & Speculative Fiction.
|Powered by Social Strata|