Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Page 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 160

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
philnic: Time to make some delicious dandelion salad:

http://oldfashionedliving.com/dandelion.html

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone who wants to harvest dandelions for eating or drinking is welcome to come and take them from my lawn, anytime! Hey, I'll even throw in all the dock leaves you can eat, and any nettles you can find!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
A lovely sketch from the 1770s of a Dandelion

Ain't changed much, have they?

And, don't try taking any of mine. They will all be saturated with weed killer.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
...Ain't changed much, have they?...

Like sharks and crocodiles, unchanged and unpleasant!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
and a dandelion "clock" is quite charming.

It sure is!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'll even throw in all the dock leaves you can eat, and any nettles you can find!

I believe that dock leaves are a remedy for the sting of a nettle, so if you can get any takers on the one, you shan't need t'other.

Nettle is a good word, as is shan't, as is t'other.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
They will all be saturated with weed killer.

Cynic!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Like sharks and crocodiles, unchanged and unpleasant!

And cock-a-roaches.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Right about now Ray is enjoying some corned beef and some soda bread. Mazel Tov!!!

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On Mars.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Bradbury collections:

http://www.abebooks.com/books/...-h00-bradbyB-_-01cta

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Go get today's Wall Street Journal:

"A Cultural Conversation/ with Ray Bradbury
Tales From Inner Space"
by Tom Nolan
Leisure & Arts section
The Wall Street Journal
Tuesday, March 30, 2010

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:

Or, if you're lazy.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Ignored post by philnic posted Mar 13, 12:49 PM Show Post

I'll try to get out a fewwords.... Unable to use the computer. relearning for now. I wish I could let LL THE WORDs ROLL OFF MY FINGERS. MAYbe HOPEFULLYFTERASHORTWHILE. 'LOTS OF ATUFF TO DISCUSS...' INCLUDING MY DYING EXPERIENCEAND VISIT BY GOD! nothing you could everMAGINE, BUT EVERYTHING YOU EVER COULD ever hope FOR.

thanks again for all your good wishes!! VERY APPRECIATED.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:

Or, if you're lazy.

If anybody knows the lazy way it would be Doug. Wink

John King Tarpinian