Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Page 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 160

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
...I wish I could let LL THE WORDs ROLL OFF MY FINGERS...

Nard! Good to hear from you. Let those words roll!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kind thoughts and prayers, Nard!
f,j,f,&c

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In Waukegan, there is an area known as Spaulding Corners.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's Easter in the western world!

Rejoice!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On this date in 1959 the world was introduced to the Mercury 7 astronauts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury_Seven

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went to a big screen showing of The Marx Brothers. An example of Ray being everywhere the program for the event talks about mile stones in their lives. Of course, they talked about You Bet in Your Live and Ray's appearance on that showl

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Richard is away from his computer right now and asked me to remind everybody that Everyman's Library book, THE STORIES OF RAY BRADBURY, is out. He picked up a copy at his local Barnes and Noble. I got mine last week by ordering from a book distributor. The book is officially out today.
http://www.randomhouse.com/kno...l?isbn=9780307269058

Also, I'd like to remind people to rush out to the local magazine stand to get a copy of The Paris Review.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Has Ray voiced his reaction to the Obama decision to gut the Space Program?
Anyone know?

Neil Armstrong has. This is the second best thing he ever did.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36...gy_and_science-space

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Today's MUTTS by Patrick McDonnell

John King Tarpinian

ImageMUTTS.gif (23 Kb, 8 downloads) Cartoon with Bradbury quote.

posted Hide Post
Here is a nice photo of Ray with his dear friend William F. Nolan. Ray is holding Bill's new Logan's Run graphic novel. In the middle of it all is Halli, short for Halloween.

John King Tarpinian

ImageLogansRun.jpg (263 Kb, 12 downloads) Courtesy of Jason and Sunni Brock

posted Hide Post
"Halloween" is a good name for a cat with such evil-looking eyes!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Evil? Surely not! Look how sweet she is:

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
"Halloween" is a good name for a cat with such evil-looking eyes!

Halli knows that I have a allergy to cats so guess who jumps up in my lap as soon as I sit down?

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Halli knows that I have a allergy to cats so guess who jumps up in my lap as soon as I sit down?

Halli?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:

Halli?

Correct

John King Tarpinian