Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Page 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 160

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
YouTube Video of Josh Whedon accepting the Ray Bradbury Award at the Nebula ceremony.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJdmWKI1wPU

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding: Photo no.

I'm holding the photo up to the monitor right now...

He lives too far away to hear your voice, but has eyes that can penetrate 3000 miles of atmosphere. And possibly a few mountains.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

It's upside down, John.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
quote:
quote:

It's upside down, John.

Don't laugh. At an event, I presented Mr. B with a Mugnaini original. I unrolled it...upside down...to the delight of the 80 audience members.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's the thought that counts!

- Phil

posted Hide Post
philnic! How come you guys over the sea have so much talent?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gHvATmUsSg

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks - wonderful!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"...wonderful!" Especially the father/son relationship!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I had my way, the title of the show would end with a question mark:

"Britain's Got Talent?"

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
"Britain's Got Talent?"

Indeed they do! Why, I know a certain doctor-in-training who's funny as hell!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wikiquote's page of Bradbury Quotes for your pleasure:

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Ray_Bradbury

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Words of writing wisdom from one of the great TV writers here.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Terrific clip. If only all lectures could be so informal, relaxed and informative.

But what beards! What pipes! What a remarkable quiff!

I wonder what became of Doris.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
How about a telescope some 700,000+ miles from Earth. That should get some amazing snaps of the 'beginning' of the universe.

Ultimately it'll have a regular orbit of about 250-300 thousand miles from Earth. Launch this upcoming Thursday, 21st of May, '09

click on:
http://spaceflightnow.com/ariane/v188/planck.html

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A dozen or so years ago, Ray Bradbury and Forrest J Ackerman were having dinner at an old Hollywood restaurant, Musso and Frank’s. Hollywood probably has more Goth kids per block than anywhere else on the planet. I have no idea how the Goth kids get into this establishment but when they saw Forry, it was like they were in the presence of a teen idol. As the story goes, they very politely approached the table and very respectfully ask for Forry’s autograph, each taking their turn while Ray is sitting there enjoying his soup. Finally, one of the kids approaches Ray to ask for his autograph. With a smile and a twinkle in his eye Ray obliges with saying, “It’s about damn time.”

As an aside, if you ever go to Musso and Frank’s and park in the back you’ll notice a 1950s apartment building next to the parking lot. At one time, that was L. Frank Baum’s estate.

John King Tarpinian