Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Page 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 160

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Norm!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LOL, has anyone here besides me been to Cheers in Boston?

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
LOL, has anyone here besides me been to Cheers in Boston?

Yes, I swear that the souvenir shop is larger than the actual bar.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was in the Boston - Cape Anne area for a few years on business back in the early 80's, at the time the show was popular. I did visit the Cheers bar and, yes, the t-shirt shop was a big deal. Instead, we frequented a little Irish pub called the Harp and Bard and had many an Irish whiskey to the tunes of anti British sentiment found there.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patrask:
I was in the Boston - Cape Anne area for a few years on business back in the early 80's.

That's a looooong business trip, friend Phil!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patrask:
...to the tunes of anti British sentiment found there.

Phil Nichols: Better not go through Boston on your way over here!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
I still haven't got over what they did with all our lovely tea...

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:

I'm having a cuppa Ahmad of London's Earl Grey as I'm typing this.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:

"I wonder where we can find a fortune-teller who reads harbors..."

(From Stan Freberg Presents The United States Of America)

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:

Cuppa is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Even nicer than a cuppa is a nice cup of tea and a sit down.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mmmmm...butter...

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
FYI, "Bore da" is Welsh for "Good morning".
Those Welsh cakes look a bit like Eccles cakes to me...
What forum is this again?
Ah, yes.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:

Cuppa is a good word.

I Never use tea bags. This morning I'm having some Scottish Breakfast tea and a scone. I spent more time in tea shops, while in Boston, than I did at Cheers.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
JKT, Sad to say, the trend in the UK is toward the bag. Mrs. Braling & I much prefer the loose tea. For one thing, it's the only way to really control the strength. We get boxes of PG Tips from her mum, but it's getting harder for her to find.
I find it ironic that we're getting more picky, snobby even, about our coffee as we settle for more commercially prepared tea.