Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    A Bradbury Kind of Sunset
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Bradbury Kind of Sunset
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Getting back on topic here (well, nearly anyway),
I did find out that a Fire Rainbow (circumhorizon arc) is different in many ways from a Sun Dog (parhelion). Here's some info:

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/otx/photo_gallery/circumhorizon.php

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! Thanks B-Two. You must catch the Mercury transit of the sun on Nov. 8th. at 2:15 p.m. Whatever you do, get to a telescope with the proper filter for solar viewing, you won't regret it.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The sun hurts my eyes, so maybe I'll watch it at night.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post