Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ray Obviously Will Have No Legacy
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray Obviously Will Have No Legacy
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I am very shocked to see such negative things said about an author that is currently ill on his own website. The downside to the internet is that it gives ignorant jerks a place to voice their opinion. Then again, the upside is it also gives ignorant jerks like me a place to voice my opinion. That being said, if you want to call someone a �hack� then do it with evidence and site specific examples. Tell us what you think he should have done better. Constructive criticism is welcome; flat out cruelty should never be tolerated. Maybe some time in college will help you grow out of your mean streak and appreciate the hard work and imagination of those who came before you. If you already complete college, I would ask for you money back.

Posts: 2 | Location: Sacramento, CA USA | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, some less-than-kind statements were let stand, but you should have seen what was deleted!

(Not that that's an excuse for uninformed people to spout off and trash anybody.)

[This message has been edited by dandelion (edited 12-29-2004).]

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with sierrabg.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About these degrading comments about Ray Bradbury::::

The 'base' thinking of anyone can now be openly spoken because of what has evolved in communication, both press and cyber. Every stupid word now appears as if it is suddenly discovered for the first time in human history by the particular writer. And it all must march endlessly around the myriad of channels and dials as well.

It's displayed.

It's made into a TV series.

Books, magazines pour out the bad with the good, along with what is taken by a whole new generation as acceptable stuff. Is it perhaps because of the very act of successful delivery of whatever form it takes? If you can get it out somehow before the masses, no matter whatever or whoever it may be offending, it's thereby legitimate. Post anything you wish. It's even demanded you believe it!!

This 'popular culture', as it's called, is a stink to many cultures thruout the world, and America as a whole is often hated for this so-called value many hold and wish to call free expression or non-censorship.

But it's only a discovery, for many, of the dark soul of humankind they happen to think is their own discovery.

I look and read these posts about Ray Bradbury, these hateful comments, demeaning the man, and there is no shame, no regret, no depth behind the writer's intention except a brutal raunch that has taken up a comfortable home in their own souls.

I've never seen such blatant general self-serving attitude by so many people before. Long ago, they were all relocated to the back row, to a shadow in the far corner of a room full of inspired conversation. Now, there's a bright spotlight on much on Satellite radio, and cable TV, and the press as well, and the internet, parading a sense of depravity that is becoming ever popular.

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ingnorant rabble have always abounded, but never have they enjoyed such widespread say as at the present. Just think what opinions uninformed peasants of Shakespeare's time may have had had anyone bothered to take down and preserve them.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am 100% comforted by the fact that some rebel without a cause has no way to hack into my soul and change my feelings. Those of you who are respectful and positive have strolled into my soul with the greatest of ease and made me a better person. Mr. Bradbury, of course, has done this for all of us. Thank you all and I Love you all.

Andy

Posts: 209 | Location: Worden, Illinois | Registered: 09 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why the renewed interest in trolls? Did I miss something?

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
grasstains:

My fault. I had to vent my feelings. Dandelion had to make a comment on my vented feelings. And Green Town had to agree with our views.
So there!

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is disappointing to see such disrespect of one who has stitched and woven into the tapestry of creative literature, with such honesty and tenderness. What standard will you cite to bulwark your selfreflective degradation...
quote:
Originally posted by RayBradbury isSenile:
He has proven himself to be a worthless hack.
As his name will be dragged through the cesspools of history many will come to think of him as a super hypocrite and a worthless old man, not worthy of a mention in a list of timeless authors. He is a shill and an embarrassment to creative people everywhere.
His legacy is written.
HYPOCRITE EXTRAORDINAIRE

Posts: 1 | Location: Blaine Harbor, WA USA | Registered: 27 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
is bradbury still alive?

Posts: 6 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 09 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You better believe it! Alive and well (o.k. he has a few infirmities) with a mind clear and creative writing every day. At 84 he suffers from some of the perils of being an older person, but still is sharp as a knife and keeping very busy.

Posts: 294 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RayBradbury isSenile:
He has proven himself to be a worthless hack.
As his name will be dragged through the cesspools of history many will come to think of him as a super hypocrite and a worthless old man, not worthy of a mention in a list of timeless authors. He is a shill and an embarrassment to creative people everywhere.
His legacy is written.
HYPOCRITE EXTRAORDINAIRE

Satan is that you? Have you left you tail sticking out from under your saint costume again? Shame on you. It's sad how some people must attack other people just because the other people are loved and they are not. I think the only "worthless hack" here might be the person that could be so calous and petty as to post something against such a good and giving person as Ray Bradbury. I hope you realize someday, what a lout you are, to have written, what you wrote.

*#*#*#*#*#*#* BrainSparks

Posts: 50 | Location: Greenville, Illinois America | Registered: 13 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brain,
This guy was one of those who find a forum, snipe for a few days, get justly rebuked, then move on to annoy others (note the date of the original post). There have been a few like this. Perhaps their posts could be flagged for removal after a certain period? I'm sure your response won't be read by him as, as I said, he's moved on (hopefully forever!)

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, and unfortunately MIxedSignals46 has taken his (her) place. Good riddance to them all if they have nothing positive to offer this site.

Posts: 294 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And, unfortunately, that harebrain has been replaced by MixedSignals46. I say good riddance to all of this riff raff if they have nothing positive to add to this site.