Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Commandeur des Ordre des Arts et des Lettres

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Commandeur des Ordre des Arts et des Lettres
 Login/Join

posted
On Tuesday Mr. B will be at the French Embassy, in Los Angeles, to receive yet another award: 'Commander of the Order of Arts and Literature.' This honor is bestowed for significantly contributing to the enrichment of the French cultural inheritance.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

ImageL'OrdreDesArtsCommandeur.jpg (28 Kb, 16 downloads) 'Commander of the Order of Arts and Literature'

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jkt:

Hey! Hey! What's this?

Why no pertinent particulars?

Why no "time' info?

No info on the possibility of spectators for this sacred occasion?

Why no advanced information on how all this will be done or who exactly is going to be doing the honoring?

And what about picture taking? Nothing to be posted here on the Bradbury website?

How about a simple report? Anyone going?

JOHN!! WILL YOU BE THERE TO TELL US????

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nard Kordell,

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard,

I never thought to ask because I was still in a daze from the Wonderful Ice Cream Suit.

At times, I feel like I am imposing. Frowner

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
jkt:

Hey! Hey! What's this?

Why no pertinent particulars?

Why no "time' info?

No info on the possibility of spectators for this sacred occasion?

Why no advanced information on how all this will be done or who exactly is going to be doing the honoring?

And what about picture taking? Nothing to be posted here on the Bradbury website?

How about a simple report? Anyone going?

JOHN!! WILL YOU BE THERE TO TELL US????[QUOTE]

The Order of Arts and Letters was established in l957, by Charles DeGault, to recognize eminent artists and writers, and people who have contributed significantly to furthering the arts in France and throughout the world. Commander is the highest of the three levels. Officier and Chevalier (officer and knight) being the other two lesser grades.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
It must be for books such as this:

And this:

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jkt:
On Tuesday Mr. B will be at the French Embassy, in Los Angeles, to receive yet another award: 'Commander of the Order of Arts and Literature.'[Quote]

Instead of Mr. B having been given his medal yesterday, as originally thought, Ray will be given the medal this Saturday, July 14th...Bastille Day.

I probably won't find out the particulars before Friday or if it will is a public affaire. When I do I'll post it here.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Ah em zo gled fowr heem! Ah em shoor deh kees heem on bozh sheeks!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Ah em zo gled fowr heem! Ah em shoor deh kees heem on bozh sheeks!

Alloooo! Eetchie an' Skrahtchee Lahnd now opin fowr bees-ness! Allo? Mah cheeldrin need wine!

Free sci-fi mag online at:thelordshen.com

Posts: 178 | Location: Currently Flint, MI | Registered: 28 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last night, Mr. B. was presented his Commander of the Order of the Arts and Literature medal.

It was on the morning news so I'm hoping to find a video of it. If anybody wants to feel free to beat me to the punch please do so.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Couldn't find a video yet but here's a great photo of Mr B making bug-eyes at a podium.

This is the first time I've seen this photo, so maybe it's new for some of you folks too, no?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's a recent video of Ray talking about Russians planning new projects based on Dandelion Wine... plus the French honoring him for his work...and his 'almost-project' with Gene Kelly... (Twas a dark theater...but EMPIRE STRIKES BACK director Irv Kershner adds a little green light to Ray's face by taking digital photos thruout Ray's talk...and once in a while a bright glow ascends from up high...(Don't forget to click on the RayBradburyChannel icon afterwards, on the upper corner of the YOUTUBE page )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiiFevtUA1M

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post