Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Pulitzer

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pulitzer
 Login/Join

posted
Not sure if anybody knows this yet but Mr. B. recived a Special Citation from the Pulitzer Committee yesterday.

In part it reads: "A special citation for his distinguished, prolific and deeply influential career as an unmatched author of science fiction and fantasy."

It can be found at www.pulitzer.org, just do a search for Ray Bradbury.

Here they give a Pulitzer to a Los Angeles based food critic this year but Ray never received the actual Pulitzer he justly deserved. I'm sure that in the 50s this august committee would have never thought of giving a prize to a Sci-Fi writer. Looks like they are atoning for their sins.

Politics aside, I talked to Ray today and he is delighted with this acknowledgement. A long deserved one.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't feel that I should repeat Ray's comment in response to my saying that it was awful how snot-nosed thirtyish actors and actresses have got their stars on the Walk of Fame when Ray
finally received his and had to attend using his walker.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by biplane1:
I don't feel that I should repeat Ray's comment...

I think you should!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
e-mail it to us?

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good idea!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What the heck - post it! Who are we afraid of offending here? Snot-nosed thirtyish actors and actresses?

Besides, we all know Ray can wield his tongue from time to time (remember the Michael Moore incident?)

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post