Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    To ALL Christians: Pray Ray Bradbury into Heaven
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 23

Moderators: dandelion, philnic

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
To ALL Christians: Pray Ray Bradbury into Heaven
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
'Yeah...and maybe we should add a church supper...with hymns...and a choir!"

Ernest Borgnine, from the film 'The Wild Bunch'.

You know this is getting ridiculous. Next you'll be sending the door-to-door folks out to Ray's house. You have a lot of nerve questioning his faith or whatever. That is his own private business, not yours.

In addition, your constant breast-beating and espousing of Christianity on RAY'S SITE is becoming annoying.
No, it's more than annoying. It's an example of very bad manners. This forum is for the discussion of Ray's work, not whether you personally believe in God or if Christ rose from the dead. Yet, some of you continue to flog it to death.

I wanted to point out something here. I never ACTUALLY said in any of these posts that I don't believe in God. But, unlike some of you, I have enough common sense to leave religion at the door. This happens to be Ray's site, in case you haven't noticed, not YOUR personal platform for espousing Christianity.

'Render under Caesar...'

And guess what? Ray's forum falls under the 'Caesar' category. I think everyone has seen, ad nauseam, that certain posters here believe in God. Fine. That is a personal choice, and if you want to advertise it, why don't you drop by some Christian forums.

I am tempted to start dropping a bunch of political or self-serving posts here in response. The only reason I don't do it, is because unlike some of you, I have the greatest amount of respect for Ray and I cannot bring myself to it.
You should be ashamed of yourselves, especially the last poster who questioned Ray's beliefs.

Get a freakin' life, for crying out loud. Nobody cares what church you attend. That's your personal business.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Robert M Blevins,

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
'Not quite in a good temper, Tattycoram?' suggested Mr Meagles, shaking his head at the dark eyes with a quiet caution. 'Take a little time--count five-and-twenty, Tattycoram.'

-from Dickens' "Little Dorrit"

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't think I'd want to buy a book from you, Blevins. It appears it's about you or nothing.

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Robert M
Blevins
There is a reason for all this God-talk, Robert. Ray Bradbury has affected some of us differently than you might imagine. Myself, for instance. It's a life long experience. And as to questioning his faith, well, for one, thru the years I've talked to Ray about things in scripture. So it's not that I am pulling straws of conjecture out of the air. Perhaps he's just looking for the correct metaphor to explain some things instead of talking in cliches. I'll give him the doubt there. But I wouldn't make more of it.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Robert B, Not the right thread, I know, but I've been meaning to ask you: are you still in contact with Zuzu? Any chance of an interview of her by you for us?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
embroiderer says:
quote:
I don't think I'd want to buy a book from you, Blevins. It appears it's about you or nothing.

What? Are you kidding me? Do you think I said those things about Ray's site because of MY books? My books are nothing...This place is about Ray, and posting up garbage about praying him to Heaven is in VERY bad taste.

To BralingII: Zuzu has a link at our Links and Friends page. She answers her email. If you want to try for an interview, go ahead.

I can't sit here and quote all of you one by one and make this situation worse. Leave Ray's personal beliefs out of this forum, that is my suggestion. You are all lucky that I am not the moderator for this site. I would give you one warning and then boot you permenantly off the site.
New visitors are going to wonder what the heck is going on.
The way I feel right now, you could ban me and I would be okay with that. This constant Christianity being pushed down everyone's throats is very rude, and has really nothing to do with Ray or his work. I was back and forth about it for a while, until Nard suggested we 'pray Ray into Heaven.' At that point, I decided I had just about enough.

I'm deleting this shortcut from my desktop. I thanked Ray here many times already for his inspiration, and I already told my little story about how he helped me get started writing, so I think I've said all that I needed to say.

Thank you, Ray. Cool

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a shame to think that you call Ray Bradbury an inspiration. If I were you I'd take a long look in the mirror and wonder why you are so insulting to others. I don't know just how unstable you are, but I think you are somebody to be afraid of. In fact, I'm afraid of you. I think you are afraid of yourself. You make it very uncomfortable.

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Although I don't remember making a specific rule about personal attacks, probably I should and things are getting dangerously near that here.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I think we should just plain ol' change the subject.
I don't think there is any such thing as global warming!

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
PK, Some call it "gullible warming"!

posted Hide Post

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Gaia is alive and well, but she may not tolerate Humanity for much longer if we don't learn what all peoples who have lived with the Earth for a long time have known, we are but a part of the eco system, not the master of it. The "Books" that our respective religions tell us are our instruction manuals for living have it all wrong. We were not put here to rule the Earth. Gaia will put us in our place as needs be when the time is necessary for action. How much easier to wake up and realize that we have the responsibility to care for our little Space Ship Earth - that Blue Ball in the great Universe which, for some reason, chooses to support us for now. We must learn this lesson here on Earth before we can move on to other worlds, or we will spread the damage with our migration.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post

...._______________________________________________________________
.......______________________________________________________________________
..........________________________________________________________________________________

..................Touching Base with all Christian believers who
..............have been influenced by or simply enjoy reading
..........Ray Bradbury.

If you are one, asking here that thruout the week we spend time in prayer to God the Father on behalf of Ray Bradbury; asking that the Holy Spirit open the eyes of Bradbury's heart to see the great mystery of faith in Christ, and the unmeasurable strength of grace.

Pray as you will for him, but in partricular that God open the way for Ray to experience that great love of God's gift, his Son Jesus Christ.

....In 2nd Corinthians, Chapter 5, verse 18, it reads:
"All this newness of life is from God, who brought us back to himself through what Christ did. And God
has given us the task of reconciling people to him."

....And when you have your Bible open,
read over the context of the above verse: 2nd Corinthians 5, verses 11-21.

................~Thanks to everyone on this important prayer request

THANKS! For everyone who stuck to the original intent of this posting!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Climate change has always existed, but if some of it is manmade, happening at unnatural rates, and causing unnatural changes, surely there is cause for alarm.

And now back to the main topic...

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
"Gaia con Dios, my darling..."