Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    It's not about fruits, it's not about you and it's not about us...
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's not about fruits, it's not about you and it's not about us...
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
from Nico

I don't think that the spiritual benefits of going forth into the universe cheapen the experience of Christ, which is supreme over all other experience.

It simply allows us to witness the glory of creation; it allows others too see a grand scale, a multitude of forms, thrown in their faces, they can't ignore it! And that leads to good paths. Looking inward is a good path. Looking outward can be too.

But the problem today is that no one seems to want to look anywhere that offers any difficulty or conflict, any deep challenges. People would rather watch television and youtube videos for cheap platitudes and illusions of absolution.

Nico~ I agree with most of the stuff you say. But this idea that you 'must' to go to the stars and find God is not true. God is found in the scripture! Unfortunately, once you get into scripture, you have to get into yourself, deal with mind, soul and heart! You have to understand the nature of yourself, that you are a sinner. You have to ask Christ into your life. And THAT is obnoxious to many people. Unfortunately, they rather find God in "things". Or what they discern as God. Some think they find it in sex. Others in money. In jobs. In certain lifestyles. You don't build a relationship with Jesus Christ in an extra-marital affair.

For a couple years before he died, I met with Jim Irwin, the space fellow who drove the Rover car on the moon. And he told and wrote about his born-again experience on his travels to the moon. But it was based on his Christian upbringing which he moved away from. God reminded Him there, on the moon, about Himself, and afterwards Jim wrote about Jesus Christ, preached Jesus Christ, and lived Jesus Christ. He didn't write about man perpetuating himself and his race amongst the stars and thus becoming like gods, or some such thing.

If you go to a video I have on YOUTUBE, Ray is asked this thing about the possibility of angels described in scripture as being in reality beings from another universe, another world, who save mankind before they destroy themselves. Ray's take on it is there is no such thing. Only humankind. So it's again about the glorification of self. That's Ray's take on it.

Now maybe he's writing something different, as his last testament on life. That will remain to be seen...and read.

Doug Spaulding: Jesus said, If you see me you see the Father. But then, you cannot see the Father or you would be obliterated. So Christ is the middle-man so to speak. The problem, Doug, is that the Holy Spirit, thru the lens of a soul that is right with God, pure, undefiled, who asks God for escape from sexually polluted experiences of this world (and if he's caught he asks God for rescue and not wallow deliberately in the morass)...the Holy Spirit then has a way of speaking to us. And the Holy Spirit only speaks what the Father and Jesus Christ have in communication to their relationship. It has NOTHING to do with human initiative. Again, Spong just doesn't get it.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
Again, Spong just doesn't get it.

I don't get the connection.

Morass is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Which forum is this?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Which forum is this?

The Bradbury.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A funny thing happened on the way to the Forum!

http://www.youtube.com/user/RayBradburyChannel

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
A funny thing happened on the way to the Forum!

Something familiar,
Something peculiar,
Something for everyone:
A comedy tonight!

"Live Forever!"

ImageForum_LP_cover.jpg (26 Kb, 3 downloads)