Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    "Fahrenheit 9/11"
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Fahrenheit 9/11"
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Corey3rd,

Wow. That's an extraordinary post. Let's see if I can address a point or two.

First, anyone familiar with this site would know that Bradbury doesn't receive e-mail from here. Yeah, it's a little misleading but I defer to the moderator, Dandelion, as to why users get the impression they can contact Bradbury from here. Just in case you were thinking there' something nefarious going on.

Next, how does an artist go from protecting his work to becoming a greedy corporate fascist? So when Moore threatens legal action against attacks against his work, he's being a greedy corporate fascist? What if I made a copy of his work and sold it for my own purposes? Would Moore's attempt to stop me be considered the actions of a greedy corporate fascist? This is fodder for another, longer post but few artists expect to give their work away for free. You're view can only be considered naive. Tell me where I'm wrong about that.

Ray's a bitter, old man? He may be angry but he doesn't appear bitter. Two very different things. And what is it with you supposed enlightened liberal/progressive supporters of Moore and old people? Yours is just one of many to attack this fine man because of his age. Not good.

Finally, your last sentence just continues to spiral out of control and hardly seems worth responding to but, here goes: regardless of what you think the real reasons were for the Iraq war, why do you ascribe the worst motivation for Bradbury's attempt to protect his work? There's nothing anywhere that would indicate Bradbury believes as you describe? How on earth did you manage to make that leap?

Do yourself a favor: Re-read, if you haven't already, F-451. Find a fairly new edition with his foreword and two (I think) afterwords. I can think of no better source to find out what Bradbury really thinks. You might come away surprised.

Best,

Pete

Posts: 614 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fahrenheit 451 - The temperature at which books burn.

Fahrenheit 9/11 - The temperature at which freedom burns (quoted from MM himself.)

The ONLY reason for him naming this film was because of this book. Not to ask for permission is illegal. Using it without permission - deems a lawsuit.

Even after hearing the Ray did not want this to happen, MM still went through with the film.

Blatent disrespect is all I see and those who agree with MM fall under that catagory.

Posts: 1 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 27 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
staceycapps

Not to throw a wrench into the works, but I have to mention that you mispelled "remuneration" by putting "renumeration." For years I always though that it was "renumeration" after all it makes sense. Renum (number as in money) eration. But, oh no, I was corrected that it is remuneration, which to me doesn't make any sense in the world, but I just double checked it in the dictionary. So there, I stood corrected, and now, hopefully in good humor, you do also.

[This message has been edited by biplane1 (edited 08-09-2004).]

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Titles are not copyright protected.

Posts: 17 | Registered: 05 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry. Larry Hale already made the point.

Posts: 17 | Registered: 05 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post