Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    The Two Rays

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Two Rays
 Login/Join

posted
I've attached a photo from this evening's little talk at Mystery and Imagination. The gentleman on the left is the one and only Ray Harryhausen. The man on the right is one Mr. Raymond Douglas Bradbury.

It is hard to fathom that these two "kids" have known each other for SEVENTY years. Some of you may not know this but RH was the best man at RB's wedding.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jkt,

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

ImageRayAndRaySmallImage.JPG (200 Kb, 19 downloads)

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
THANKS!
...for posting the photo, John, of the event tonight!

The attached YOUTUBE was taken last year when the Two Rays were together.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=27DymGi3w2E

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
THANKS!
...for posting the photo, John, of the event tonight![QUOTE]

Here is another photo of the HP Lovecraft Society showing Mr. H. their articulated Cthulhu model used in their NEW black and white silent movie, The Call of Cthulhu.

John King Tarpinian

ImageCthulhuSmall.jpg (216 Kb, 21 downloads)

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
John, that Cthulhu picture needs a caption. I suggest Mr H is saying, "That's nothing, you should see these skeletons I once did!"

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
John, that Cthulhu picture needs a caption. I suggest Mr H is saying, "That's nothing, you should see these skeletons I once did!"

RH was polite but you could tell that he was less than impressed with the model. However, the monster was made to resemble pre-Harryhausen modeling so when one watches the movie it is in one sees that it is what was needed.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
This link will take you to the bookshop where Ray Bradbury and Ray Harryhausen first met...seventy some odd years ago. You'll enjoy the article on the their homepage:

http://www.acresofbooks.com/

John King Tarpinian