Ray Bradbury Hompage    raybradburyboard.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    A Bradbury Centenary...

Moderators: philnic, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Bradbury Centenary...
 Login/Join

posted
Thinking ahead:
Four months from today, it will be Ray Bradbury's birthday. He would have been 95.

Which means:
Five years and four months from now, it will be the 100th anniversary of his birth.

How should it be celebrated? Who should celebrate it? Start thinking. Start planning. Start sharing ideas.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5012 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An interesting comparison might be the Orson Welles centenary, which is this year. Here's a list of events known to Wellesnet.com

http://www.wellesnet.com/orson...-woodstock-illinois/

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5012 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A few days ago, I received this fine gift from a friend who asked upon presenting it to me (before I had a chance to opened its elegant box), "For whom should another of these be made?".

http://catalog.usmint.gov/mark...ver-dollar-16CK.html

My immediate answer to his question was correct.
Still a few years out from "100", who might initiated such an honorable RB commemorative?

Posts: 2674 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Could the Carnegie Library in Waukegan/Green Town become the Ray Bradbury Museum? How could this happen? What events should begin now to reach this goal?

Posts: 10 | Registered: 28 March 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information about Ray and Cally. ( I always wanted to abbreviate the state.)

Have a great time in Los Angelos.

Posts: 10 | Registered: 28 March 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ruth Ann:
Could the Carnegie Library in Waukegan/Green Town become the Ray Bradbury Museum? How could this happen? What events should begin now to reach this goal?

It's in the works but as for events such as fundraisers I don't know the details but Phil and others here probably do.

Posts: 6933 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post