Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Give Me a Break!
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Give Me a Break!
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Audio books rather than radio adaptations.

Right. That's what I meant to say.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
If they are audio books, how come they're listed under MUSIC.

I believe that FM site has only one category; likewise, Amazon doesn't have a category for "spoken word", and thus would list this under "music".

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard, I was in Ice Castles with Robby Benson, Lynn-Holly Johnson, Tom Skerritt, and Colleen Dewhurst. Of course you couldn't really see me, or my wife, or her sister or our friend as we were a blur in an audience scene at Williams Arena on the campus of the University of Minnesota where they filmed a skating sequence. It took eights hours to film what was four seconds on the screen.

Interesting though, and we did get to be in close proximity to the actors.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by biplane1:
It took eights hours to film what was four seconds on the screen.

I know how that goes! When we edited the 4E footage we have shot so far from about four hours to eight and one half minutes (for the "rough cut"), it took us twelve hours on Final Cut Pro to do it!

Sure wish I could figure how to post it online for you folks to see - it features a segment in RB's house.

That editing is serious business.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Doug
Spaulding:
..... Put it on YOUTUBE!
..at least everyone will have access to it. YOUTUBE will take up to a 100MB video once you format it.
/ by the way / Forry is recuperating in Pasadena, from a broken hip.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard, Braling II is right, "hoerbuch" is German for audio book. The dancers in the artwork is bizarre.

(Unlike Braling II, I don't know how to do an umlaut, so I used "oe" as the accepted equivalent of "o umlaut".)

Doug Spaulding and biplane1: your editing and filming experiences sounds typical. I always tell my students that, at best, one hour on location will yield one minute of screen time. And that, at best, one hour spent editing will yield one minute of screen time.

I agree with Nard: put it on Youtube! But I seem to recall we've been through this discussion before...

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil, these guys have all kinds of accents, diacritical marks, etc. for different languages:

http://www.colby.edu/lrc/help/diacritics.php

I have a list of "ALT plus 3-digit" commands for most of the ones I use. E.g. a "ü" is made by holding down the "ALT" key whilst typing "129", and a "Ü" whilst typing "154".

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
..... Put it on YOUTUBE!

That's what I'm trying to do - that or iFilm or some such thing. Problem is, I don't know how to do it. philnic tried to send me some step-by step directions to help but I ran into a bump in the road. Technology!

Maybe some day!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
I agree with Nard: put it on Youtube! But I seem to recall we've been through this discussion before...

That we have, mate!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"Youtube rootus?"

(I think Caesar said it...)

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding: Process is rather simple (and most difficult when you don;t know what to do). But you have to register with YOUTUBE. Once you do that, then you can start uploading videos. Your video has to be formatted to be compatible with an upload. I use the iMOVIE, and format it with a CD ROM quality. I try to stay under 15MB.
Once you have the movie on desktop, it's just a matter of logging into YOUTUBE, and uploading the video. Usually, it takes up to 15 minutes or more (depending on your computer) to upload, say
a 10MB-15MB video..
Here's the link to my 20 plus videos on YOUTUBE:
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=netcinema

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
"Youtube rootus?"

(I think Caesar said it...)

Sid?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Doug Spaulding: Process is rather simple (and most difficult when you don;t know what to do). But you have to register with YOUTUBE. Once you do that, then you can start uploading videos. Your video has to be formatted to be compatible with an upload. I use the iMOVIE, and format it with a CD ROM quality. I try to stay under 15MB.
Once you have the movie on desktop, it's just a matter of logging into YOUTUBE, and uploading the video. Usually, it takes up to 15 minutes or more (depending on your computer) to upload, say
a 10MB-15MB video..
Here's the link to my 20 plus videos on YOUTUBE:
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=netcinema

It's the formatting (ripping?) I'm stuck on. You're a Macintosh man, we should be compatible - let me ring you up this weekend and you can guide me over the phone, eh?

Please advise. Thanks!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
i liked that show as a kid

Free sci-fi mag online at:thelordshen.com

Posts: 178 | Location: Currently Flint, MI | Registered: 28 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
I have a list of "ALT plus 3-digit" commands for most of the ones I use. E.g. a "ü" is made by holding down the "ALT" key whilst typing "129", and a "Ü" whilst typing "154".

Bräling II, you are an übermensch!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post