Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Great article!!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Great article!!
 Login/Join

posted
Just discovered this recent article about RB and Sam Weller's forthcoming book. A couple of great photos, too, of RB, his three daughters, Patrick, and Sam.

Enjoy!

http://www.ccchronicle.com/back_new/2004_fall/2005-01-18/campus.php?id=572

[This message has been edited by Green Shadow (edited 01-18-2005).]

Posts: 333 | Registered: 12 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Green Shadow:

Great photo of the family. Thanks! I think few people, myself included, have seen this photo.

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This article was fantastic. It made me laugh, and it made me cry. I enjoyed learning more about Ray, but also about Sam. He is clearly the perfect person to write this book on Ray. I am so excited for its release!!

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is hard to believe that I actually met two of his daughters, rode back to the house in the back seat with one of them who had been an art store with Ray and Marguerite when I walked in and introduced myself.

But I don't remember who they may have been as they were definately teen-agers and the date was March of 1967.

I would imagine that they were the two youngest daughters as the others may have been away to college. I just don't know.

Posts: 294 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Must have been the two oldest. The two youngest were born in 1955 and 1958 respectively.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post