Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    how was Ray Bradbury Influenced?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

how was Ray Bradbury Influenced?
 Login/Join

posted
hi, i have a research paper due on Monday about Ray Bradbury. I thought I had all the information I needed but it turns out that I need to know who influenced Ray Bradbury and what are some major themes in his novel. I keep doing search after search on the internet for his influences but I cant find any. Can anyone help me with either his influences or themes?...thank you if you can help me!

Posts: 3 | Location: Ocala, Florida, USA | Registered: 16 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi,

In response to your query, I believe that Ray cites as his major literary influences Verne, Burroughs, Shaw, Poe, Melville, as well as such creative folks as Lon Chaney and Laurel and Hardy. Really he reads and loves them all.

Themes? Childhood, optimism, heritage, family. He uses science fiction to help solve problems in our present. He warns against living a life too involved with "instant gratification" media, and tries to remind us the value of a book, a rocking chair, a walk beside a slow river.

Posts: 81 | Location: Somewhere in the Southwest, USA | Registered: 02 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
. . . . . . and his well-known intention to "Live Forever!"

https://www.washingtonpost.com...nger-say-scientists/

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post