Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Frost and Fire (the multi media experience)
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Frost and Fire (the multi media experience)
 Login/Join

posted
Frost and Fire, the play, is back by popular demand. If you are in Southern California, you MUST see this performance. You are getting advance notice since the play will have five performances from November 9-11. Michael York is part of the cast but on a video screen. Mr. B will be attending one performance, as soon as I know which one I will post that information.

For those of you that will admit to watching Last Comic Standing that is the Alex Theatre where the performance will be held. When the theatre was a movie palace Ray Bradbury and Ray Harryhausen used to go there on double-dates. Makes you wonder what was going on in the balcony. This theatre is also in the same block as the bookshop Mystery and Imagination, where we will be holding a public birthday party for Mr. B.

From the brochure: “It is a multi-media music theatre production scripted for the stage by Zina Bethune, based on a short story by Ray Bradbury with an original score by Zeljko Marasovich and videography by Michael Masucci. Set in the year 5002 on an alien planet of violent environmental contrasts, where the life cycle is only eight days. It is a story of triumph of the human spirit against tremendous odds.”

For more information, see the following links:
http://www.bethunedance.org/bethunetheatredance/schedule.htm
http://www.alextheater.org/

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
By coincidence, I'm currently reading Frost and Fire!

It's a looooong short story, and wonderful.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
By coincidence, I'm currently reading Frost and Fire!

It's a looooong short story, and wonderful.

Or a short novella...

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perhaps, but much too short to be a novella. At any rate - it's great!

Can't wait to see it brought to life on the stage.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug: Now you have to read the illustrated book.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Now you have to read the illustrated book.

In the words of the songwriter, 'deed I do!

Lets make plans to take Mr B to lunch soon. Last I saw him, I told him I'd have to bring him round lunch sometime, and we could visit some more. He was agreeable to the idea.

So what are some of his favourite restaurants in the area?

Kersh will be there on the 25th, won't he? I need to get him a copy of my 4E rough edit.

It's an exciting theatre season coming up!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Now you have to read the illustrated book.

In the words of the songwriter, 'deed I do!

Lets make plans to take Mr B lunch soon. Last I saw him, I told him I'd have to bring him round lunch sometime, and we could visit some more. He was agreeable to the idea.

So what are some of his favourite restaurants in the area?

Kersh will be there on the 25th, won't he? I need to get him a copy of my 4E rough edit.

It's an exciting theatre season coming up!

I think I'm having lunch with Mr. B today. Yes, I do belive that the director of that space movie will be there.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Photos.

There are photos of Ray and I, Ray and the director, Ray and the producer, Ray climbing the stairs afterward (not a very good shot of him), and Ray being interviewed on the news - on the TV news.

That reminds me of a lyric.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Photos.

There are photos of Ray and I, Ray and the director, Ray and the producer, Ray climbing the stairs afterward (not a very good shot of him), and Ray being interviewed on the news - on the TV news.

That reminds me of a lyric.

Good pics, thank you for reminding me I was there. Smiler

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Mr. B was in the society page in my local paper, The Glendale News-Press, because of Frost and Fire.

http://www.glendalenewspress.com/articles/2007/11/14/co.../gnp-onthetown14.txt

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
DS, great RB pics! He looks in very good spirits. Nice photo* of you and Mr. B.

Do me a big favor?!

Next time you get to see him and are discussing all of those amazing topics that must endlessly present themselves in his company, give him a comparable hug* for me! Tell him it is from FP (also, family and students) in far-Northern NY.

I know he will recognize the very kind gesture made possible by today's technology!
Really. "Thanks!"
fp

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mr. B was in the society page in my local paper, The Glendale News-Press, because of Frost and Fire.

No mention of a particular Ventura County filmmaker and his spouse, I see (sigh).

But what I want to know is, who is this John King of Glendale!? The paper says he is a friend of RB's.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
Do me a big favor?!...give him a comparable hug for me!

Frank, I have printed your post as a reminder to do that thing. Shouldn't be a problem to get the hug - the last couple times we've seen him, he's pulled me in and given me a kiss square on the jaw!

I've got a whole pile of stuff I need to talk with him about, so I believe one day soon, we're going to just pop round with a bacon cheeseburger for him (thanks, jkt!), and have a repast and discuss things - if he's free enough to receive us. There's a lot of Something Wicked I want to go over, and I seek his advice on choosing a story for our filmed submission in next year's "Ray Bradbury Festival".

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
No mention of a particular Ventura County filmmaker and his spouse, I see (sigh).

But what I want to know is, who is this John King of Glendale!? The paper says he is a friend of RB's.

I never use my last name at such events. One step ahead of the police and all that...

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
One step ahead of the police and all that...

Aren't you the clever one!

"Live Forever!"