Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Museum
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone know of any plans to build a Ray Bradbury Museum? I've always thought the now-empty Carnegie Library in Waukegan would be the perfect spot, as it was the library he used as a kid and he was a big fan of it.

Posts: 4 | Registered: 28 September 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome Orty8!

This does not answer your question, but thought you would be interested in what Ray Bradbury biographer Sam Weller posted on his blog Listen to the Echoes, where he discusses this very idea: http://listentotheechoes.com/?p=490

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I checked that out and left a message!

Posts: 4 | Registered: 28 September 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An RB museum would be a great ideaSmiler

"Once a Ray Bradbury fan, always a Ray Bradbury fan!"Smiler

Posts: 32 | Location: Bermuda Triangle | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't know any plans for a museum as such, but the Center for Ray Bradbury Studies in Indianapolis has been given Ray's basement office contents (including furniture) and plans on reconstructing it. No news yet on exactly where this will be done, or on access to it once done.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orty8:
Does anyone know of any plans to build a Ray Bradbury Museum?

Maybe.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We're working on it. And there'll be opportunities for each of you to help. The Ray Bradbury Waukegan Carnegie Library, Inc.: www.bradburycarnegie.org

Posts: 25 | Location: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: 29 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A Waukegan Ray Bradbury Library!
Now that would be the "Cat's Pajamas!!"

My immediate thoughts sailed to IUPU. This in the article: ..."the group has already approached both the Center for Ray Bradbury Studies at Indiana University-Purdue University Indiana and the Waukegan Public Library — both of which received items from Bradbury's estate — about acquiring memorabilia for display, either on a permanent or traveling basis."

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post