Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Another Off-Topic Topic (kinda)
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another Off-Topic Topic (kinda)
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grasstains:
I've heard about the Voltaire novel. I wonder if it's available online?

Try here: http://wondersmith.com/scifi/micro.htm

Phil
www.bradburymedia.co.uk

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
grasstains-

I'm studying to be a school counselor- should get my credential this spring- and telling kids to take a year off certainly isn't 'company policy'. The big push is college, college, college, too often without considering the needs of the kids. You know your own- what's in their best interest? Do they need more time? (They almost surely need more info concerning what kind of jobs are out there! Just think about it- there's literally millions!)
I think the most important thing is to have them develop a variety of skills, or ones that are transferable, because they're not likely to have just one 'career' in their life.

Personally, I wish I'd had the resources to take some 'time off' after I finished the Gen Ed requirements to really think about what subjects I liked most and research possible career/educational paths.

Posts: 28 | Location: Bakersfield, CA | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Advantage: a break to breath and do what you want

Disadvantage: forget stuff

Posts: 22 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post