Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Most Earthlike Planet Yet Discovered!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Most Earthlike Planet Yet Discovered!
 Login/Join

posted

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As Arte Johnson used to say, "Veeeeery interestink!"
Though, for a planet to be truly "earth-like", there are LOTS of conditions that must be met. Here's one article about that:
http://www.ucg.org/booklets/GE/planetperfect.htm

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice article BII:
And in its conclusion: "Then God saw everything that He had made, and indeed it was very good" (Genesis 1:31).

This morning early it snowed about 4-5 inches, and even now a very light, slow tumble of flakes continues - quite Zen-like, actually. Since it has been a very unusual winter so far in this region, it was especially pleasant to see the fields, the past few weeks a rather uninspiring dull brown-green, suddenly freshly painted by winter's finest brush stroke. We should never take for granted the little things. (Robert Frost comes to mind.)

I have always liked the use of "indeed" when it accentuates an absolute.

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lovely description, fjp! Here in the Santa Cruz mountains we get tons of rain, but I miss the snowy winters I knew up in Washington - the look of it, to be sure, but also the sound and, yes, even the smell...
By the way, do you know how many Zen Buddhists it takes to change a light bulb?
Two. One to change the bulb, and one NOT to change the bulb!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...Yes, but is the light on or off when the task has been completed?

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes.

posted Hide Post
Must be This

Imageistockphoto_437115_bare_lig.jpg (8 Kb, 7 downloads)

Posts: 5 | Registered: 06 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Indeed!"