Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    iii HAPPY ii BiRTHDAY RAY iiiii
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

iii HAPPY ii BiRTHDAY RAY iiiii
 Login/Join

posted
.........AUGUST 22nd, 2005 is the..........

......EIGHTY-FIFTH Birthday the best friend a blank piece of paper could hope for, or a typewriter, or a pencil, or a reader like many of us. Ray Bradbury, you have most certainly changed lives and shaped futures.

When God someday calls you home, there you'll find your unimaginable droves of unwritten books, now published and gladly read by angels.

But now God has seen fit to let you stay on to "...get your work finished."

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND MAY YOU FIND JOY OF YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY THAT LOVE YOU DEARLY!!!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday Smiler

Posts: 34 | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday, Ray! I hope it’s your best ever!

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happiest Birthday possible to you, Mr. Bradbury. May you be surrounded by family and friends. And may this birthday be most special and present you brand new happiness.

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Bradbury,
Congratulations on the successful completion of eighty-five solar orbits!
As to thanking you for your words, ours cannot suffice.
God grant you many years!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday, Ray! Thank you for the hours and hours of reading enjoyment you have given me over the years. You make my heart soar with your gift of words!! May you enjoy many more birthdays and many more happy days of writing!

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday!!

Posts: 22 | Location: Winter Springs,Florida | Registered: 05 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As Mr. Electrico once told you "Live Forever" and you will. Happy 85th Birthday.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday! Mr B

Love Patrick, Cathy, Eric, Jonathan and Michael

Posts: 141 | Registered: 03 September 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Ray! Wishing you many many more years full of love and joy!!

Much Love, Patricia

Posts: 86 | Location: Bernalillo, NM USA | Registered: 16 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday to Master Storyteller!!

Congratulations to everyone here!!

Posts: 173 | Location: Russia | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have a great day Ray, I will certainly set a few minutes aside tomorrow to think of you and toast you with a wee drink. How about letting us know after the event how you spent this special day, would be a joy to hear...
Paul

Posts: 2 | Registered: 21 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, the happiest of birthdays for Ray, and a cuddle for the kitties! >:-}

Noticing the post from Russia, I was reminded that Mikhail Gorbachev's daughter Irina is a great fan of Ray's, going back to her teens. And I'm so glad that "A Sound of Thunder" is to be filmed at last. I will never forget the butterfly. Or L. Sprague de Camp's "A Gun for Dinosaur."

And I will never forget the alternative childhood which Ray gave to me in "Dandelion Wine." I will always be homesick for Green Town, Illinois. "It is not shown on any map: true places never are."

Love and Best Wishes on this your birthday, Ray!

Ever,

Tony Hollick

Anduril@CIX.co.uk

Tony Hollick

Posts: 1 | Registered: 22 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy, HAPPY Birthday, and many, MANY more!

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mog the Dog here. Happy birthday to my favorite author! I sliced open my "pet watermelon" in honor of your 85th birthday today, Mr. Bradbury. Bet you never before had a pet watermelon dedicated to you by a 39-year-old stuffed pit bull! Well, you have now...

http://www.petfinder.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=68322

(My tribute to Mr. Bradbury is on page 10 of the "Waiting on a Watermelon" post in the above link. Check it out when you get the chance!)

You friend in optimal behavior,

MTD

Posts: 168 | Location: Out of the Attic | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post