New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
What about "Topper?"

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I loved that show!
http://www.fiftiesweb.com/tv/topper.htm
Leo G. Carroll was perfect as Cosmo. Remember him in Hitchcock's "Spellbound"? and later as Alexander Waverly in "The Man From U.N.C.L.E"?
I seem to recall that the Kirby's ghost dog, Neil liked martinis...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, trivia question:
What was unique about Leo G. Carroll's final scene in "Spellbound"?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I remember "The Friendly Giant." Anyone remember "New Zoo Revue" or "Hudson Brothers Comedy Revue"?

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember The "New Zoo Review", though I was too old for it at the time (1970s). I did occasionally watch "Mister Rogers" then, as I was doing some artwork for kids, but mostly because I had a crush on Lady Aberlin.

Don't recall the other one, but I do remember "The Smothers Comedy Brothers Hour"!

posted Hide Post
How many people remember TV's Captain Video and His Video Rangers? It was a sorry time when I read several years ago that the fellow who played Captain Video way back in the early years of television died nearly broke in a simple one room at a Hollywood hotel. Right in the middle of video popularity.

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
I remember The "New Zoo Review"...

I used to love that show. I thought it was even better than Pufnstuf!

It’s the New Zoo Revue, coming right at you...Where three delightful animals have fun with what they do.

http://www.michael.mcelwain.com/wierd/nzr.html

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard, my wife and I were each filling our cars when a couple with two vehicles were filling theirs when the wife, thinking that her husband had completed filling her vehicle, and drove off. What a noise, but no explosion or flame, just an irate couple, mad at each other, thinking that the filling had been complete when it hadn't. I have no idea what it cost, but it did double damage,i.e, ripped off the from cover of the pump and hose and tore out the filler cap and portion of the filler tube int he SUV.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kewl. But it didn't "blow up real good."

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmm. Interesting stream of Consciousness here; from thw worthlessness of TV, to the classic old shows, kid shows, then gas station mishaps... Any connection?

Maybe the Etch-a-sketch will show us...

Imageandygriffith.jpg (61 Kb, 4 downloads)

posted Hide Post
Beautiful - love it!
Perhaps I've mentioned that The Andy Griffith Show is my all time favourite!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mind you, that was catually done on an Etch-A-Sketch!
http://www.gvetchedintime.com/Personal/hobbypersonal/hobbypersonal.htm

One of my all-time favourite episodes is the one in which Barney tries to recite the Constitution's Preamble from memory!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by embroiderer:
How many people remember TV's Captain Video and His Video Rangers? It was a sorry time when I read several years ago that the fellow who played Captain Video way back in the early years of television died nearly broke in a simple one room at a Hollywood hotel. Right in the middle of video popularity.

Sure I do!

But how about Buzz Corey and the Space patrol? May have been a local So. CAl show, as was Beany and Cecil the seasick sea serpent - Crime don't pay like it used to - DHJ

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Answer to Braling II’s trivia question: He missed George and Marian Kirby (the ghostess with the mostess) so much that he turned the gun on himself, but in a very smooth and mechanical way. Wrong, right?

Tom Corbett Lives!

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post