Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    I propose a thread on Nard's best blogs

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I propose a thread on Nard's best blogs
 Login/Join

posted
Here is one that still puts a smile on my face:

Posted 06 June 2007 01:54 PM Hide Post
Okay, I'll give myself the Pest Test and give him a call about the city of Bradbury...

Let you know the answer in 4 minutes....

~~OKAY, the entire conversation will now be posted... give me a couple minutes to type it out...

~~~~~~~~
Question to Mr. Ray Bradbury:
Have you ever been to the city of BRADBURY, California?

June 6th, 2007 1:57PM Los Angeles
Call to Ray Bradbury:

RAY: Good afternoon!
N: Mr. Bradbury! Nard Kordell.
RAY: How you doing?
N: Well, how are you?
RAY: I'm getting my work done!
N: Getting your work done? You ever rest? You ever rest?
RAY: I beg your pardon?
N: Do you ever rest? Do you ever just relax a little bit?
RAY: I never relax in all my life! There's never a question of being tense. I'm having fun! I'm not tense. I'm not nervous! I enjoy what I'm doing. So I relax in what I love.
N: Ray, someone asked if you have ever been to the city of Bradbury, California.
RAY: Tell them Yes. I was in the city 2 years ago, and was given a complete tour of the entire city, gave a speech out there, and then was presented the keys to the city of Bradbury...

(conversation then went on about his upcoming play, and his presence at the Santa Barbara Writer's Conference end of this month...)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nard Kordell, 06 June 2007 02:15 PM
Posts: 3953 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002

believer in Douglas

Posts: 58 | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no problem with such a thread, but surely it would be better to simply post a LINK to the posts you find interesting, rather than copying-&-pasting the actual text.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post