Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Something Wicked This Way Comes Film Being Remade!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Something Wicked This Way Comes Film Being Remade!
 Login/Join

posted

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Given the results of the recent remake of FAHRENHEIT 451, I am not sure how I feel about the proposed remake of SOMETHING WICKED. While not perfect, the original was still a pretty good film with a fine cast. Also, I note this will be the first feature film for the proposed director, Seth Grahame-Smith, who also wrote the novels ABRAHAM LINCOLN, VAMPIRE HUNTER and PRIDE AND PREJUDICE AND ZOMBIES. (Where is Steven Spielberg when you really need him?) However, I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Posts: 2441 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I get my hopes up too much that the remakes may improve on any flaws in the originals when often they make them much worse.

So, I have good news and bad news. The good news is Something Wicked This Way Comes is being remade. The bad news is it's the director's first film and he's the guy who did Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter and Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dandelion,

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter was a fine film!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It seems to have been a popular film anyway.

posted Hide Post
This is the film that Bradbury had just seen when he was walking home from the cinema with his wife Maggie when he said to her "I'd love to work with Gene Kelly!" She, as you know, suggested that he pull one of his stories out of the filing cabinet and write a treatment. He went home and did just that with The Black Ferris.

Kelly loved it and said he'd take it to London and Paris to try and raise financing. When he returned, he broke the news to Ray that "there was no money." He apologized. Ray told him not to apologize - that he was happy that he even tried. He then, of course, turned that screenplay into a book called Something Wicked This Way Comes. Twenty-one years later, the Disney Studios finally made the film.

Invitation to the Dance is on tomorrow morning at 3AM (Pacific time). The witching hour.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was just thinking about this the other day when Inherit the Wind was on TCM.

posted Hide Post
WHEN will I learn NOT to get my hopes up?!? I loved the original Dark Shadows and couldn't sit through the remake! https://io9.gizmodo.com/we-are...cked-this-1543096831