Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    I See You Never

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I See You Never
 Login/Join

posted
I thought I had read all of the stories in “The Golden Apples of the Sun” but nope, missed “I See You Never”. Just read it. Pow! Ray does it to me again. The story is just as topical today as it was back in 1953 and before.

Back in the 1920’s one of my grandmothers returned to Ireland because her father was dying. She hadn’t completed here citizenship and although she had a husband and children here in the states, she was denied reentry. It took weeks for my grandfather, with help of a senator to get her back in. Laws and governments can be very hard sometimes. Thank you Ray for reminding us about the human condition.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post