Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Fahrenheit 451 Screening (Personal Album)

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
Fahrenheit 451 Screening
 Login/Join

by jkt (created on )Gallery | Comments 
Tonight, August 24 the Playboy Foundation presented a screening of Fahrenheit 451 starring Julie Christie, Oskar Werner and Cyril Cusack. The film was preceded by a discussion with Ray Bradbury and Hugh Hefner moderated by Los Angeles Times reporter and Hero Complex blogger Geoff Boucher.

Among the things said by Hef was how grateful he was to have met Ray at the right time in both their lives. How Ray introduced him to Charles Beaumont which resulted in The Crooked Man being the first piece of fiction published in Playboy.

Now this might be considered bragging but I was in a room with THREE of my boyhood heroes: Ray (of course), Hugh Hefner (of course) but to complete the trifecta Buzz Aldrin. How lucky am I?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jkt,

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow!! What a gathering of great people. If I could have been in LA for one event this week it would have been this one. Do you know if it was filmed? Thank you so much for posting the photos!

Posts: 86 | Location: Bernalillo, NM USA | Registered: 16 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PatR:
Wow!! What a gathering of great people. If I could have been in LA for one event this week it would have been this one. Do you know if it was filmed? Thank you so much for posting the photos!

Yes it was filmed. At some point it should be part of Erv Kershner's documentary on Ray. The Writer's Guild also recorded the event.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Yes it was filmed. At some point it should be part of Erv Kershner's documentary on Ray. The Writer's Guild also recorded the event.

Cathy was filming it? Ask me about Irv's doc next time you ring me. Just in case you don't already know. Or did I tell you whilst I was out there?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post