Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    F 451 Production at the GableStage Theatre (Personal Album)

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
F 451 Production at the GableStage Theatre
 Login/Join

by biplane1 (created on )Gallery | Comments 
Various photos taken after the play, Fahrenheit 451, by Ray Bradbury.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard, I finally figured out how to do it!

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
biplane1
BRAVO! BRAVO! BRAVO!

What a great thing that Ray was on the phone with a cast member. I take it this was on the spur decision on your part. Great! Yes, thanks for all the photos.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, it was. Like an idiot I had left my charging cord at my office and the cell phone was low on power and so I didn't even know if there was enough power to even call Ray. Next I didn't even know if Ray would be home on a Saturday night, but I pulled the director and the two actors into an empty side room and called. I was going to put it on speaker phone, but usually never use that feature and wasn't able to engage it by the time that Ray had answered.

But what a better way to prove what I had been saying to them in regard to knowing Ray for almost forty years. It always warms my heart to see the true reaction of people who don't quite believe that they are speaking with RAY BRADBURY. And I don't think that Ray minds it at all. In fact, I think that the present adulation that Ray is receiving is what is keeping him young and vital. And he has never complained to me, in fact always he is thankful for my calling.

And you know him too well, Nard, to know that he is genuine in his feelings.

The production last night brought tears to my eyes and I believe that it would have done so for Ray if he had been there as well. It was, in my and wife's opinion, very good.

However, it will be interesting to see what the critics have to say as all the major publications were represented including my friend Bill Hirschman from the Florida Sun Sentinel. Bill is the one who lent me his advance copy of Farewell Summer and who interviewed Ray at his home a year and a half ago for the A & E Section of the Sunday paper. Bill wouldn't say a word to me about it last night, so I will have to wait and read his review.

The Biltmore Hotel is a fantastic place, built around the turn of the century and resplendent with wooden carved details (including the elevators) throughout.

Later I will post a few specific comments about the production. It was neat how they incorporated the hound into the play.