Martian Chronicles

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6891083901/m/5191063372

26 September 2011, 09:20 PM
Doug Spaulding
Martian Chronicles
quote:
Originally posted by Aliza Williams:
I had already read The Illustrated Man,The October Count and they were quite interesting as well as great.Now I'll be reading The Halloween Tree.I heard from one of my friend that's it really very interesting.

It certainly is! But not nearly as interesting as those airport parking deals! I love me some airport parking deals!

And The October Count. I believe it's 31.

"Live Forever!"
27 September 2011, 01:30 PM
philnic
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
...And The October Count. I believe it's 31.

The October Count agrees:

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter
27 September 2011, 03:32 PM
Braling II
Good catch, Phil!
20 April 2016, 05:04 PM
Doug Spaulding

"Live Forever!"
27 July 2016, 06:41 PM
fjp451
Although this episode of "The Concrete Mixer" always seemed a bit humorous in its representation of the characters on the street, the glitzy night club scenes, and its general mood of over-the-topness, it now plays ironically much truer to what the current political scene has to offer us from moment to ungracious moment.

Glad-handing is rampant. Whoever is actually calling the shots is now a total "Wizard of Oz." So, whatever one does, do not look behind that screen! Borders!? What Borders? Welcome in Martians. "Do we have a proposition for you and "our" future!"

Mr. Bradbury's metaphoric methods still ring as loud as ever. Unfortunately, all of the buttons being pushed have greatly diminished the number of actual page-turners. Now, what is seen strolling our avenues is quite close to the images played out by the citizens in this classic RBT episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YLqJEODYVk
27 July 2016, 08:56 PM
dandelion
They walk among us, disguised as us. Some of them not very well disguised!