This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3791083901/m/8997096316

17 March 2013, 07:52 AM
djmonolith
Complete Non-Fiction Listings
dandelion... you are crazy! I love it.
17 March 2013, 01:48 PM
dandelion
There's more. Just getting up my strength.
25 April 2013, 01:50 PM
philnic
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
..."Boris, Bela, and Me," Argosy, December 1974. Article.
--Reprinted as "Horrors! Films that are Frightful? Delightful!" Deseret News (Salt Lake City), October 24, 1979.
--Reprinted in Utah/US Film Festival Book, November 1979...

This one is online in full, from the Deseret News reprint:

http://news.google.com/newspap...IBAJ&pg=6303,2987027

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter
25 April 2013, 01:53 PM
philnic
...which in turns reminds me to say that Google News gives access to quite a few regional newspaper archives. Here is the results page for a "Ray Bradbury" Google News search.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter
27 April 2013, 01:31 AM
dandelion
Phil, you are a SAINT! I turned up a huge number of items through ProQuest, but they contained very few regional articles. There were interviews in the Aggelis book not found on ProQuest at all.
27 April 2013, 03:10 AM
philnic
I haven't ploughed through those regional papers yet (and maybe never will; far too much else to look at currently!). I expect that a lot of the Bradbury finds in there will turn out to be reprints, re-titled versions of articles from elsewere.

- Phil

27 April 2013, 02:07 PM
dandelion
Aggelis counted well over 300 just of interviews. I wonder where he found them all.
27 April 2013, 04:36 PM
Doug Spaulding
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
I haven't ploughed through those regional papers yet...

I like that the British say plough.

"Live Forever!"
28 April 2013, 03:17 AM
philnic
Which enables us, for comic effect, to deliberately mispronounce it as pluff.

- Phil

18 May 2021, 09:50 PM
Richard
Think this guy has a future? Ray Bradbury, interviewed by and on the cover of the March, 1948 issue of WRITERS' MARKETS & METHODS, referred to in dandelion's listing above:

13 September 2021, 06:26 AM
Richard
The late Russell Kirk was a well known conservative thinker, as well as a writer of some excellent gothic tales. (One example is his novel OLD HOUSE OF FEAR.) He was also a friend and admirer of Ray Bradbury. The link below will take you to an article about Ray Bradbury, by Mr. Kirk, called "The World of Ray Bradbury":

https://theimaginativeconserva...of-ray-bradbury.html
13 September 2021, 08:59 AM
Richard
Incidentally, the portion of Mr. Kirk's essay (apparently written, by the way, in 1968) which I find terrifying is the following: "Some librarians, too, have taken alarm. Bradbury’s stories are disturbing! No disturbances can be permitted in this perfect American culture of ours. In error, a company which distributes educational books included among a consignment of books for children one copy of Fahrenheit 451. A female librarian detected this work of heresy, and fired off a letter of furious protest to the wholesaler. How dared they send such a dreadful book? 'I took it right out in back and burned it.'"

FAHRENHEIT 451...for real.
14 September 2021, 03:47 PM
dandelion
Red Face Frowner Mad

Cori
16 September 2021, 05:53 PM
Richard
From 1971, RAY BRADBURY, HUMANISTA DEL FUTURO, published by Helios and considered to be one of the first (if not the first) book-length, non-fiction critical studies of the work of Ray Bradbury. The book, which is in Spanish, was authored by Jose Luis Garci, and features an introduction by Ray himself:

18 September 2021, 08:27 AM
Richard
And speaking of compositions in Spanish relating to Ray Bradbury, in March of 2019, a three-page handwritten, signed manuscript by famed writer Jorge Luis Borges...his introduction to a 1955 Spanish edition of the MARTIAN CHRONICLES (Ediciones Minotauro, 1955)...sold for over US$12,000 at auction. As Borges wrote in that introduction, "What has this man from Illinois created - I ask myself, closing the pages of his book - that his episodes of the conquest of another planet fill me with such terror and solitude?":

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/25354/lot/219/