Ray Bradbury Forums
I posted this in the first folder also. i figure i could get more help in two

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6891083901/m/9331034372

30 July 2003, 08:30 PM
MoonSunSky
I posted this in the first folder also. i figure i could get more help in two
where is the usual spot? so that i can check it out.
31 July 2003, 03:30 AM
dandelion
Those listed above. I haven't posted at any of them recently but will get to it when I can, and traffic there tends to trickle out during the summer anyway.
31 July 2003, 09:09 PM
keaton
The story with the sugar family neighbors is "Rain, Rain, Go Away" by, that's right, Issac Asimov. It is listed in my textbook as copyrighted by King-Size Publishing, Inc. from Buy Jupiter and Other Stories. I'm surprised no one guessed Asimov! Anyway, glad I could help; it's a fun story and my students usually liked it!
01 August 2003, 02:23 AM
dandelion
ASIMOV AGAIN! Surely the winner in the "mistaken for Bradbury" contest. Perhaps Asimov was inspired to write this story by the following quote from Winston Churchill: "We have not journeyed across the centuries, across the oceans, across the mountains, across the prairies, because we are made of sugar candy." -- Speech made to the Canadian Parliament, December 30, 1941. Unfortunately, pre-space age, so he could not say "across the stars."
13 August 2003, 12:58 PM
MoonSunSky
ok here's a question... is ther any place on the internet where i can get this story? thanks everyone for all your help.

i am so gratefull and if you ever need my help, im here
14 August 2003, 01:47 AM
octobercountry
Well, I don't think the story is available to be read on-line, as far as I know. But you can go ahead and pick up a copy of Asimov's book Buy Jupiter very inexpensively. (Check out http://www.abe.com/ to find a whole list of used copies available.)

I just read the book a few days ago--bought a copy based on your post! The sugar story was fine, as were quite a few of the others--it had been a while since I'd read any Asimov...
15 August 2003, 01:42 PM
MoonSunSky
My mother was glad to read the sugar people story...

i actually download Asimov's complete work over 300 files of all his novels short stories and comentaries. from a napster like site. so if anyone wants a copy to read i have in word .doc