Ray Bradbury Forums
Remember short stories

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6891083901/m/7941005372

29 April 2004, 11:59 PM
Chip5541
Remember short stories
I am looking the name of the book that has short stories. One of the shorts was about a little girl who drowned on lake Erie (??) and her friend came back when he was an adult and he found foot prints that came out of the surf and a partially built sand castle.
Another of the shorts was about a creature whos colour was beyond the normal spectrum and to people it appeared invisable.

Any idea?

"Reading made Don Quixote a gentleman, but believing<br />what he read made him mad." -- George Bernard Shaw<br /><br />John: I hate it when villains quote Shakespeare.
30 April 2004, 02:40 AM
dandelion
The first one is "The Lake," by Ray Bradbury, and the second one could have appeared in an anthology with "The Lake," as Bradbury's work has been anthologized hundreds of times. The idea is similar to the invisibility premise used in H. G. Wells's "The Invisible Man."
30 April 2004, 01:25 PM
Chip5541
Thank you. That is the one. Funny how a story that you read when you were little stays with you.

"Reading made Don Quixote a gentleman, but believing<br />what he read made him mad." -- George Bernard Shaw<br /><br />John: I hate it when villains quote Shakespeare.