Ray Bradbury Forums
Did RB write this story?

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6891083901/m/6011006372

26 January 2005, 01:30 PM
nicoii
Did RB write this story?
Hi folks,

I'm trying to remember whether it was Mr. Bradbury who wrote a short story, I believe it was called "The Small Asassin" or close to that. It was about a baby that tries to(and succeeds) in killing its parents, for the crime of bringing it out of the womb. The ending is of the suspicious doctor coming to the house, holding a scalpel, trying to lure the evil baby out of its hiding place.

Anyway if it is RB's work, can someone tell me what collection it's in? And if it's not his, does anyone know who wrote it?

Thanks for any info.
Nicole
26 January 2005, 03:48 PM
Richard
Yes, the story is "The Small Assassin", and it's one of Ray's best (and most anthologized) stories. It also appears in the following Bradbury collections: DARK CARNIVAL (in print via an expensive re-issue of the Arkham House original from Gauntlet Press), OCTOBER COUNTRY (still in print), THE STORIES OF RAY BRADBURY (Knopf, 1980, and still in print as a hardcover), and A MEMORY OF MURDER (an out-of-print paperback collection of Ray's stories from the detective pulps). Hope that helps!