Ray Bradbury Forums
What Are You Reading? II

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6891083901/m/5571014362

23 June 2011, 06:46 PM
Braling II
What Are You Reading? II
Just finished Jeffery Deavers' "The Bodies Left Behind". A corker!
23 June 2011, 07:54 PM
Doug Spaulding
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
I just re-read "Lorelei of the Red Mist" by Leigh Brackett and Ray, in the collection "3 X Infinity". Not very good, really.
Here's a blurb about it:

http://webcache.googleusercont...ource=www.google.com

I think I have that PLANET STORIES.

"Live Forever!"
23 June 2011, 07:55 PM
Doug Spaulding
Bullet Trick.

"Live Forever!"
24 June 2011, 04:06 AM
rockadelic
An interesting book about the 70s SmilerSmilerSmiler

By blackglove at 2011-06-24

"Once a Ray Bradbury fan, always a Ray Bradbury fan!"Smiler
24 June 2011, 08:00 AM
bytorbass
"Who Has Seen The Wind" by W.O. Mitchell. If you like "Dandelion Wine" you may enjoy this.

Who Has Seen the Wind
24 June 2011, 11:04 PM
fanboy
The Scarlet Pimpernel..Taregt has had paperbacks in the dollar bin lately, just a few classic titles, and some nice condensed versions of great books for kids. I was tempted to buy the kid version of Moby Dick, as much as I love the book, it is a bit slow going reading the long descriptive parts about whaling.
25 June 2011, 05:20 AM
philnic
quote:
Originally posted by fanboy:
...I was tempted to buy the kid version of Moby Dick, as much as I love the book, it is a bit slow going reading the long descriptive parts about whaling.

As Ray said to John Huston back in '52: "I've never been able to finish the damned thing!"

fanboy, the secret to reading Moby Dick is to read alternate chapters. Odd numbers if you want a good yarn, even numbers if you want a comprehensive documentary study of whaling through the ages!

I have a pocket-sized hardcover of MD, which I bought maybe 20 years ago. Alas, my eyes aren't as good as they used to be, and the print is now too small to be comfortable. And I, too, have never been able to finish the damned thing!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter
20 July 2011, 01:22 PM
jkt
The two new graphic novels arrived today, Wicked and Martian. The stack up well to the 451 graphic novel. The only odd thing I can report is that the quotes on the back of the dust jacket refer to 451 and not the books in hand.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley
20 July 2011, 01:47 PM
philnic
Sounds like a copy&paste error in the layout department!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter
21 July 2011, 01:19 AM
rockadelic

By blackglove at 2011-07-18

"Once a Ray Bradbury fan, always a Ray Bradbury fan!"Smiler
22 July 2011, 11:35 AM
Braling II
Lots of Jeffery Deaver this summer...
22 July 2011, 05:07 PM
Doug Spaulding
Under the Dome

"Live Forever!"
04 August 2011, 07:06 PM
Braling II
Just finished Joseph Conrad's "Victory".
Pretty good writing and interesting characters.
Sad, though.
09 August 2011, 02:53 PM
Mr. Dark
Still reading law books. One more year. Then back to Bradbury . . .
09 September 2011, 09:16 AM
Braling II
NReading some, but listening to recordings of "Stephen Fry's English Delight" and enjoying it immensely! I've found it Full of Western Promise! (Phil will get that one!)