Ray Bradbury Forums
What Are You Reading? II

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6891083901/m/5571014362

13 October 2010, 02:13 PM
Linnl
What Are You Reading? II
The postal dude delivered a PS edition of THE MACHINERIES OF JOY last week (1 sig. by the way; #173). In addition to this beautifully put together edition, I'm reading some nonfiction Asimov.
13 October 2010, 03:06 PM
jkt
quote:
Originally posted by Linnl:
The postal dude delivered a PS edition of THE MACHINERIES OF JOY last week (1 sig. by the way; #173). In addition to this beautifully put together edition, I'm reading some nonfiction Asimov.

Gaiman's signature is the hard one to get. Ray's just requires an 18 mile drive. Big Grin

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley
30 October 2010, 05:14 PM
Kukai_Aoki
So who will be reading Bradbury on this all hallow's eve? I'll be reading "..i sing the body electric", "The Martian Chronicles", and "From the Dust Returned".

"Oh, death!"
30 October 2010, 10:04 PM
Braling II
"Come into My Cellar" aka "Boys! Raise Giant Mushrooms in Your Cellar!"
31 October 2010, 11:00 AM
Doug Spaulding
I recently started to reread my favourite Steve King work, It, which I hadn't read in nearly twenty years. One of the great horror novels of all time. The whole novel is about the magic surrounding childhood that too easily passes away as we turn into adults. With regards to that magic, it's up there with Something Wicked This Way Comes, and Robert McCammon's wonderful novel Boy's Life.

Let us never lose that magic!

"Live Forever!"
31 October 2010, 04:37 PM
Kukai_Aoki
Fedex recently delivered the full collection of J. Krishnamurti's works, which I'm happy to say is my best Halloween present I've gotten since the days of trick'r'treating!

"Oh, death!"
12 November 2010, 11:09 AM
Omni
I just picked up Rashomon and other stories by Ryunosuke Akutagawa. I've actually only read the introduction so far haha
The author has written some really incredible stories, so I wanted to see if those were just a fluke. The Spider's Web and Hell Screen by him truly paint a picture.
20 November 2010, 03:01 PM
Braling II
Re-readingTaylor Caldwell's "Dear and Glrious Physician".
Also "Dangerously Funny" - the new book about the Smothers Brothers show.
29 November 2010, 05:38 PM
Kukai_Aoki
Hmm...The Sequel to "A Cloud of Sparrows" is not as "Action-orientated" than the first book. Saddening.

"Oh, death!"
17 December 2010, 05:55 PM
Doug Spaulding
In God We Trust: All Others Pay Cash by Jean Shepherd - wonderful!

"Live Forever!"
17 December 2010, 06:20 PM
Linnl
Recently, The Great Failure by Natalie Goldberg, and Bluebeard by Kurt Vonnegut.
Just started the new translation (by Richard Pevear and Larissa Volohonsky) of Doctor Zhivago by Boris Pasternak.
14 January 2011, 02:46 PM
Kukai_Aoki
Miss America by Howard Stern

Oh my. (laughs)

"Oh, death!"
16 January 2011, 04:23 PM
Braling II
I'm about to start either "Brothers Karamozov" or "Crime and Punishment" again...
16 January 2011, 05:53 PM
jkt
Just started reading Volume 1 of Mark Twain's autobiography.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley
25 January 2011, 05:42 AM
Blind Henry
Last night I just read Bradbury's story, "The Smile."